Friday, May 19, 2006

Summer Plans

Summer is fast approaching. I swear it seems like yesterday it was the first day of spring and now it's almost Memorial Day. Since I'm not taking any summer classes like I originally planned I think I'm going to try and read as much as possible this summer. I'm going to start with "Memoirs of a Geisha" and proceed on to "Angels & Demons". After that who knows what I'll read.

I was thinking of going on a short vacation this year but I don't know where I would go. I don't know who I would go with either. I don't want to go to Ocean City....too many people and I like the quiet. I wouldn't mind heading down to North Carolina or even hitting the Delaware beaches. I love being on the beach at night when it's quiet. That is one of my favorite things to do. Just throw on a sweatshirt and sit on the beach listening to the ocean. I don't think I could ever live far away from the ocean. I like it too much. I might just go down to St. Mary's City and look at some of the stuff there. I was thinking about going to Jamestown and walking around down there for a bit. It's the 400th anniversary of the founding of the Jamestown settlement so they probably have a lot going on. That would be a lot of fun to check out. Who knows though. I have time to think about it. I don't go back to school til September anyway so no big deal. I'm looking forward to the next semester though. I'm taking a couple interesting classes. I just hope they're as interesting as they sound. The only one I think is going to be an issue is math of course but I'm hoping that I can look at the book and maybe find some help over the summer to be better prepared for the fall. We'll see.

Tomorrow is Zoe's birthday party. I still haven't gotten her anything but I always try and get them books. I was thinking about getting her the first couple books in the "Anne of Green Gables" series or maybe just the first one. I loved that series as a little girl and sometimes I find myself reading it again. It's one of those series that grows up with you. I'll probably wind up getting her clothes though. She called me yesterday and said "Um, Ky? I know what I want for my birthday. I want these Hello Kitty sandals that have heels on them but I have to go with you to Target to buy them. Just the girls." She's too much! I hope I have kids like her and Morgan someday. They have their faults of course but who doesn't? All in all they are fantastic kids. Morgan is really creative. She loves to make up stories and likes to sing and dance in front of people. Zoe likes to sing and dance in front of people too but not as much as Morgan. Zoe's a little prissy...she likes to get her nails and hair done and loves to put on makeup. But her all time favorite thing to do is put puzzles together. Ever since she was little like a year and half to 2 years old, she's liked putting puzzles together. Her favorite was this ABC puzzle that had shapes and numbers too. You know, those wooded puzzles that have pegs on the top so kids can handle them better. The first thing she would do when she woke up was come down stairs, give me a hug and chill with me for a bit. Then she would say "Can we play ABC puzzles?" How can you say no to that? She's such a smart kid. They both are...they're just too much sometimes. They'll always make you laugh though.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lance said...

Math, ick. Definitely not one of my favorite memories from school.

I think it's great you give the kids books as presents. I don't know of a much better quality to instill in children than a love of reading. It's something that'll reward them for the rest of their life.

That Jamestown thing sounds like a good idea. That'd be a great vacation; especially for a History major.

8 )

9:10 AM  
Blogger athen said...

Angels and Demons. Good selection. But I think the story line is very similiar to Da Vinci Codes. I read Da Vinci COdes before Angels and Demons and found out that Angels and Demons was not as great as Da Vinci.

Enjoy your reading.
Try to consider Deception Point. Not a bad book.

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home