Monday, May 15, 2006

School's Done

Well for this semester anyway. It wasn't the best semester I've had considering I had to drop one of my classes but other than that it was fine. I wound up getting an A in Cultural Anthropology. I was pretty happy about that. I aced the final term paper getting a 49/50...so didn't see that coming since I forgot I had to write it til the last minute. I tend to work better under pressure though. Don't know if that is necessarily a good thing. Now all I have to do it figure out what I'm going to take next semester. I should meet with my counselor sometime soon to discuss the next step. I'm hoping that I'll be done with all this soon so that I can go to a 4 year college to get my bachelors and who knows maybe my masters. That would be wild if I got that far. I want to get that far so as long as I put my mind to it, I think I can get it done.

Friday wasn't too bad. We got to Fell's at about 8 and were there until 1:30. I couldn't wait to get home. I was so tired. Amy had a good time and that's all that matters. It was her birthday after all. I think everyone had a good time. I was a little bored but Mike was there to talk to so it wasn't too bad. We were the only 2 who were of sound mind. Everyone else should have been cut off long before but you can't tell people that sometimes. I'm just glad that everyone got home safe and all that. Saturday was pretty boring. I wanted to get my mom something for mothers day but I had to run a ton of errands for her so I couldn't get it done. That evening we went to Amanda's house like I usually do every Saturday. Maggie and Jason came along. I don't think it would be the best idea for them to go back for sometime. They get a little carried away and don't know when enough's enough. They both stayed at my house for the night. I went to bed long before they did. Sunday was as uneventful as they come. I was planning on making my mom breakfast and then going shopping for her but that didn't work out. My stepdad took her out and they were gone most of the day so tonight when I get home from work, I'm going to have to go shopping for her. I feel really bad for not being able to get her anything before hand but I just couldn't get out to get it. I did at least wish her a happy mothers day though.

I have no idea what is going on the rest of the week. I'm supposed to go see "The DaVinci Code" on Friday but I don't know if that's going to happen. Like I said Saturday is Zoe's birthday party and I promised Heidi that I would help her with it. I have to look around for some sort of cookie cutter for her. Other than that I have no idea what's going on. Longo graduates from Basic this week so Maggie is supposed to be going down there. I don't know how that's going to go. Should be interesting. I don't have to go thank goodness. I was supposed to go to Frankie's years ago but he told us the wrong time and we got there after the ceremony. It was a fun trip though. That was the first and last time I went to South Carolina. It was pretty nice down there. I'll never forget when we stopped in North Carolina the gas station cashier asked us if we were from New York. I don't know where she got that from but she said we sounded like we were from NY. Usually when I head up North, people ask us if we're from the South. I guess that's what happens when you're from the Mid-Atlantic. Strange stuff. I like accents though. It's always cool to hear a new one.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lance said...

My plans are to see The Da Vinci Code Friday, too.

You better hurry and see it or else I'll tell you all about it and ruin the ending.

(Like you haven't read the book, I know).

8 )

9:32 PM  
Blogger Kyleen said...

I'm still not sure I like Tom Hanks in the lead role. It just doesn't seem right to me. I could imagine someone like George Clooney or maybe Alec Baldwin in the role. It's just an odd match to me. I'm hoping that I'm proved wrong though. I do like that Ian McKellan is Leigh Teabing. That was a good choice.

6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home