Monday, April 24, 2006

Been Around

I feel like I haven't written in ages. I've been around but things are a little crazy here. For one I had to reapply for my job and just had the formal interview today...I should know later this week or early next week if I got it or they decided to go with someone else. I'm really hoping that I got it naturally but you never know. I'm trying to stay positive. My best friend that moved to NY came home for the holidays last week so we hung out a lot. She was supposed to go home on Saturday but they postponed it til Sunday but then her niece got sick so they left today. We went out a couple different places...just had some good times. It's been a while since I went out so it was cool to be able to just leave home for a bit. Her uncle, and a friend of mine, Keith has been diagnosed with cancer and it doesn't look good. I don't want to upset him by talking about it so I don't know what kind of cancer he has. All I know is that it's spreading into his stomach. I don't know what to do or say to him you know? He's come so far...he beat a heroin addiction and is finally getting his life straightened out and now he's been dealt this blow. It just sucks. I don't know what else to say about that....I'm at a loss in that situation. School's been going alright. I got financial aid for next semester which is awesome in light of the fact that I might not have a job and wouldn't be able to pay for it. Other than that nothing else has been going on. Things have been fairly quiet. I heard from Frankie the other day. I was starting to get worried that something happened to him so I would check the casualty list on CNN just in case. Yeah I know that sounds like I'm being dramatic but you never know. I mean I didn't think he was dead or anything but I thought that maybe he got hurt or something along those lines. I'm sure if he'd have died then it would have been on the news. They always broadcast the locals that die over there. It's a scary thought. He says there isn't much to do over there other than play cards and do his usual daily duties. It was good to hear from him. Well I guess that's all I'll say for the time being. I'm going to start writing more again...like I said things have just been crazy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lance said...

Hey, glad to see you're back.

I hope you get your job back - that's wacky they'd have you reapply for a position you were already trained and doing, huh? Oh well, at least I hope you get back to doing it, since that's what you want.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Try to think positive, though. You never know who's going to beat that disease and it's always - always - very inspiring when someone you know or touches you does.

I'll certainly be rooting for him, too.

8:09 PM  
Blogger Kyleen said...

I have a little under a month to go. I don't know the exact date but it's coming up soon!

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home