Friday, March 24, 2006

Rambles

I don't want to write about anything depressing...hence why I haven't written in a couple of days. Spring is here....well according to the calendar it is. It's pretty chilly out here but at least we didn't get the snow that some of the Midwestern states got. It's supposed to snow a bit tonight and tomorrow night but we'll see how that goes. I wish the weather would break already. I'm done with winter. I'm a spring and fall kinda girl. I like moderate temps...nothing too hot or too cold. Just in the middle is fine with me. Nothing new going on here...just more of the usual at the moment. Time seems to be dragging this week. I'm glad it's the weekend. I'm supposed to go out with some people tomorrow night but now that might not happen because my little cousin has the flu. Poor thing. I feel so bad for her. Everyone seems to be getting some sort of bug here lately. I haven't gotten in (knock on wood) and I want to keep it that way.

An old friend stopped by the house last night. I haven't seen Sam since December. Him and Frank came by back then for a bit to visit. They came by on Christmas but since my stepdad was in the hospital and we were with him all that day, we didn't know they were there. They used to come over all the time but when Frank and Jenn broke up, they stopped coming around so much even though Jenn moved and all that. I can sort of understand why Frank didn't want to come around much any more since I'm still friends with Jenn but you would think that he would be over it by now. It's been at least 3 years if not more since they broke up and she got married to Mike. To make a long story short, she cheated on Frank with Mike and wound up marrying Mike. Frank wasn't happy about it. I don't blame him. I don't know what she was thinking at the time but I guess things worked out for the better. Anyway Sam came by at around 8 or so and stayed til 11. We just sort of talked. He used to date my sister and when she was living there I know he didn't come around because her husband didn't like it. Anyway things are going well with him. He's still working and all that which is always good and things are going well for Frank too even though I didn't get to see Frank. I told him about Frankie going to Iraq. I haven't heard anything from Frankie in a while. I wish he would call me so that I know he's ok. I get nervous when I hear that there are more soldiers that were killed. I hope I hear from him soon...just so I know he's ok. The time difference is what kills it. When it's in the late afternoon and evening there, it's in the morning here so it's hard for him to actually get a hold of me at home since I work during the day. It's crazy. I suppose I could write to him but that would mean calling his mom and getting the address from her and I'm petrified of her. I shouldn't be by this time but I am even though she no longer thinks I'm a drug dealer. I'll have to write about that some other time. It's a funny story.

Well I've rambled on long enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home