Friday, March 17, 2006

Panic! At the Disco

First of all Happy Saint Patrick's Day! I know it's a crazy name for a band but it gets your attention doesn't it? I can't remember if I've ever said anything about them but they are a decent band. I say decent because these kids are just out of high school....meaning that they're still teenagers! Gosh, that makes me feel old. I purchased their album via iTunes some time ago and I have to say they're great. I had no idea they were so young. If you like Fall Out Boy then you'll probably like them....considering they got their start from Pete Wentz of F.O.B. There is profanity throughout the album but not to the point where you start rolling your eyes wondering if these people know any other words that would get the point across. An interesting thing about their album, "A Fever You Can't Sweat Out" is that there is an introduction and an intermission...almost like a movie would. If you keep that in mind, you can imagine that the album plays like a movie. It's just good. I wish there were more cd's out there that were as well put together like this one is. You can see the video for one of their songs "I Write Sins Not Tragedies" here. I like the concept of the video...it just fits the song so well...of course this is just my opinion and others might not feel this way about it but I'm not them. Anyway they're good and they contrary to what anyone might think they aren't Fall Out Boy (the voices of Patrick Stump and Brendan Urie are similar). Anyway I think they're good and worth a listen. I've been listening it on and off for a bit now but this week I've been listening to them almost constantly..when I can listen anyway. Some of the subject matter in the song is something that will definitely appeal to teenagers and "emo" kids but I think they could have a greater appeal to people that listen to electronic music as well as people who like pop-punk. I hate using the classification pop-punk but I don't know how else to describe it. If you like Fall Out Boy and Jimmy Eat World...then you'll probably like them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home