Friday, March 10, 2006

GWB Approval and Happy Birthday Professor!

I just read that Bush's approval rating is down to a new low and even Republicans are worried. Could this be a sign of change? I sure hope so. Finally Americans are wising up to what good ol' George is all about. Too bad it comes at a point where it doesn't matter for him...however it matters to the GOP. They aren't happy with him either. Smells like change to me! Here in my state there are some important elections going on: a gubernatorial one and one for a Senate seat. Considering how things are looking for GWB, I think that Governor Ehrlich is on his way out too. He's a strong supporter of GWB and people in this state haven't been too thrilled with his job performance either. He's not doing much for the environment among other things like pushing for slots. I don't care it you gamble but why place such a high priority on slots when there are other things that need attention like the state education system. Another one a lot of states are struggling with is gay marriage. Why are people so hell bent on depriving other people rights? I just don't get it. If they are two people in love and want to make a commitment to each other than why deprive them of that? There are more pressing matters that affect all of us. I would say to politicians that they need to prioritize. Back to GWB though. Considering the mess that is Iraq, I can see a lot of people voting the other way when it comes to elections this time around. They say that when it comes to mid term elections and all that stuff, people tend to look at parties not the people running. So maybe we're heading for a change and a good one at that. I can only hope.

(Yeah I'm a geek what of it?) Today is the birthday of Professor Remus J. Lupin of the Harry Potter series. He and Sirius are my favorite characters throughout the series. One of the reasons, he is a favorite of mine is that he's probably the kindest character aside from Dumbledore. He does his best to treat all of his students equally and tried to bring out the best in them. He's also somewhat of an uncle to Harry. He was best friends with Harry's father, James, while they were at school. For those of you who don't know, Professor Lupin was Harry's Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher in his third year. He has a relatively small part throughout the rest of the series so far but he still is one of my favs. He's very complex and you have to have infinite sympathy for him. He's a werewolf. He was bitten as a child and considering there is no cure for werewolf bites, he became a werewolf. Of course people don't like him because of that; like it's his fault he was bitten. So he is often portrayed as having very shappy clothes because he can't afford new ones. No one wants to hire a werewolf.

Considering what happened in the last 2 books I think that Professor Lupin is going to become more of a father figure to Harry. I'm hoping that in the 7th and final book that he has a bigger part. I have no idea where the book is going to take us but I hope she finishes it soon. It seems like it should be out already but I don't think she's even finished it yet. I hope by this time next year that there is a release date for it. I don't want the books to end but I know they have to and I can't wait to see what happens with it. I know it's silly considering my age but if you just read the books you would understand the draw. For those who think the books are evil, I would suggest that you read them. Yes there is witchcraft in there but it's not the witchcraft you think and there is a difference between good and evil...kinda like the Wizard of Oz where you had a good witch and a bad witch. Anyway I stray from my topic. Happy Birthday, Professor Lupin.

*Oh yeah and Happy Birthday to Chuck Norris too. I didn't think he was as old as he is. Must be the beard. Sorry for the long post. I didn't want to write two posts in one day so I combined them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home