Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Best Of......?

Ok Rant of the day. Here it is....I think it was Rolling Stone article that I was reading that brought up this point. Why do mediocre artists put out a "Best of" collection? I was just looking in iTunes and there is a 20th Century Masters "Nelson" album. I can't hold iTunes responsible for it but I can question the music company that put it out there. I mean there is only one song I can remember by Nelson and it wasn't a good one (although back in the day I did rock out to it). Since when are Nelson 20th Century Masters? Just sort of makes you wonder who out there buys this stuff. I was just looking on the 20th Century Masters website and I have to say that most of them I've never heard of. I understand that there is a lot of music out there that I don't listen to but some of this stuff is just bad (like Nelson). I didn't realize there was a market for the Best of the Carpenters. Maybe it's a marketing tool to trick people into buying crap....granted there are some on there that are good like Sublime and a handful of other ones. I'm not trying to crack on anyone that buys this stuff....but come on! The Best of Chris DeBurgh? Didn't he only have one song? "Lady in Red"? Bad song! Really who is buying this stuff. Yeah it could be my age...I don't know but I'm going to seriously question someone who buys the Best of the Captain and Tenille....thats something I definitely wouldn't want to own up to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home