Monday, February 27, 2006

Don Knotts

As most people have already heard, Don Knotts, passed away over the weekend. Most people my age only know of him either from "Three's Company" (thats pushing it I suppose but a lot of us have seen the re-runs on Nick-at-Nite) and Scooby-Doo. I remember him most for Scooby. I always liked seeing him on there. I didn't even know what the Andy Griffith Show was let alone who Barney Fife was. I liked how crazy he was....he always seemed to be everywhere at once. He had a sort of energy about him that no one else had...at least in my opinion and like I said I remember him most from Scooby. He did play a good part in "Pleasantville". (A grossly underrated movie.) Anyway I haven't heard much about him these past couple of years but I was just thinking to myself that I hadn't heard anything about Don Knotts and then I found myself wondering if he was still alive. Strange how the mind works isn't it? I couldn't even begin to tell you what made me think of him but he was there in my brain even if it was in cartoon form. I can still see him running around with the rest of the gang, zany as ever. The good thing about that is that I can always go back and watch some of the old episodes of Scooby or "Three's Company" and get my Don Knotts in. He will be missed....I'll never forget his voice even if I forget what he looks like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home