Sunday, February 12, 2006

SNOW!

Over the weekend, we got hit pretty hard with snow.....they said that we were going to get between 5 and 12 inches. I thought yeah right...they say that and we get less than a half inch. This time they weren't lying. We got 18 inches of snow. A far cry from the 60 degree weather we had a couple weeks ago. I couldn't believe it when I woke up this morning. It was snowing last night before I went to bed but I didn't think we would get that much overnight. It was so pretty though. I love looking at snow especially when it attaches to the trees. It makes everything look so clean and crisp....its just beautiful. What I don't like about it is that I have to shovel it. Not fun. I got most of it shoveled today but I could get the driveway done a little better. The roads weren't too bad. I thought for sure they would be near impassable. In a way I was hoping that they would be because that would mean a three day weekend. That would have rocked but it's just not going to happen. I did get most of my school work done although I have to admit that I should have worked a little harder on it, especially the algebral. I still have another day to look at it before the quiz. The discussion for my film assignment isn't due til 10am tomorrow so I think that it would be better for me to post it tomorrow when I get to work. My computer there is faster. I have it all written up. I just have to type it and post it which will take almost no time at all. That was a great film but I'll leave that for another post.

I did finish "The Historian". What a good book. The ending was a little abrupt but still it was good. It's a new take on the Dracula legend. Very neat. I liked it a lot...maybe because a lot of history was involved in the telling of the story and since I'm majoring in history, it appealed to me. I would definitely recommend it though. One thing about the book bothered me though...you never find out the name of the narrator. You know who she is and all that but you never really find out her name. (Unless I missed it and in that case I apologize)

Well it's time for me to get to bed. I have to be brighteyed and bushy tailed in the morning :( I'm hoping that the roads won't be too bad on the way in. The roads were pretty wet earlier and its well below freezing right now.

1 Comments:

Blogger athen said...

We also got 16 inches( i think) of snow here in the Jersey. It was really beautiful, but the shoveling wasn't.

Yeah, I was hoping that the school will be close today, but looking outside right now tell me that I should be getting ready for school.

6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home