Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Mary J. Blige and U2

I don't know what kind of music everyone is into but if you like U2 you should definitely check out Mary J. Blige's version of "One" with U2. "One" is probably my favorite U2 songs. It has beautiful lyrics and I can just feel how Bono feels just by the way he sings. When I heard that Mary J. Blige covered it I almost hit the floor. No one should EVER cover "One"...who does she think she is? How dare she!

I love Mary J. Blige I do but I thought this can't be good. I listened to it and if it is at all possible, I think it's better than the original. She brings something else to it and it's like hearing the song for the first time. And not only does Bono sing on it but the rest of U2 plays on it. I thought how awesome are they to redo one of their most popular songs and not a rock version but a more R&B version. I love this song. I can't stop listening to it. Everytime I listen to it I almost cry. It's probably one of the most beautiful songs I've heard.

I even downloaded the entire album, which isn't too shabby. There are some really really good songs on it. It's a lot different then her last album. I think it's probably one of the best albums I've heard in a long time. If you have the chance give it a listen. I don't know if anyone is familiar with "Hate it or Love it" by the Game but she redid the song and it's called "MJB Da MVP". Another great song as is "Baggage". She's got a great voice...I can only hope she keeps it up considering her last one wasn't that great. This one is fantastic. Don't believe me just listen to it...especially "One"!


3 Comments:

Blogger Lance said...

I haven't heard and didn't know she covered it. Cool.

I liked Johnny Cash's cover of it a few years back, too.

One is probably the best U2 song ever.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Kyleen said...

I agree, Johnny Cash's cover was good.

"One" and "New Year's Day" are my alltime favorites

6:46 AM  
Blogger Lance said...

I'd say One and Stuck In a Moment You Can't Get Out Of.

I love the existentialism in the latter.

But that's just right now, though lol. Ask me again next week what my favorite U2 songs are and I'd probably pick something else.

It's hard to decide on a favorite, they've done so many great ones.

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home