Friday, December 30, 2005

Happy New Year

My stepdad came home from the hospital yesterday. It's great having him home. He can't go back to work for at least 6 weeks and I know he's going to get cabin fever. He's thinking about going on permanent disability but he hasn't made up his mind. He doesn't want to end up back in the hospital for this stuff again so he's decided to keep to his diet and do everything the dr. told him to do. Thats great to hear. Now we just have to get some people in the house to stop smoking. That isn't good for anyone's health.

Nothing else has been going on. Tomorrow is New Years Eve and I have no idea what I want to do. I'm supposed to go to Maggie's dad's house but I don't know if I want to especially since Longo is being a total jerk. Doesn't sound like it'll be a lot of fun. I was also invited to Heidi's but I don't know what the deal is going to be with that either. I might just stay home...Sometimes I think its best that way. And since we didn't spend Christmas at home, I think it might be nice to spend at least one of the holidays there with family. I think its a good idea...whether other people do I don't know.

Tonight is the family get together on my dads side. I really don't want to go. The people there make me uneasy. I know they're family but I see them once a year and I feel bad because I don't see them all the time and they really don't know me. I mean my dad doesn't really know me I don't think either. I don't talk to him all that often and if I do, the conversation last literally under 7 minutes. I've timed it. I don't know if its the huge generation gap between us or what. We just don't have a lot to talk about. We never have. I'm just closer to my moms side of the family rather than my dads. Besides, there is always some sort of drama going on and this year isn't any different. My dad and my aunt and uncle had a falling out over the summer and they haven't spoken to each other since. I don't think thats going to change. I hate when families fight like that. Anyway lets get away from the negative and look at the postive.

This is time of year almost always means a fresh start for people whether it be personal, professional, whatever. I have nothing but positive thoughts for the upcoming year. I hope everyone has a safe and happy New Year.

1 Comments:

Blogger athen said...

Wishing you a Wonderful and Happy New Year. Cheer up!

12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home