Monday, December 19, 2005

Not AGAIN!

Over the weekend, my stepdad went into the hospital. He was having chest pains and wanted to make sure it wasn't his heart. He has a history of cardiac problems. He's had at least 2 heart attacks and almost had one last year. So they kept him over night at the "Dog Hospital"...Thats what we call Upper Chesapeake Medical Center. I don't know why he didn't have one of us drive him to St. Joe's but he didn't. Anyway they said that everything came back fine and he could go home. Now my mom came over to me a little bit ago and said that his cardiologist and primary care doc feel that he needs to go to the hospital now. They are waiting for him. They're very upset that Upper Chesapeake, knowing his prior medical conditions, didn't check out his stents and all that (those are little cages that prop open the arteries) So he's headed over there now. He wanted to drive; luckily a guy he works with talked him out of it and is taking him over. They wanted to take him by ambulance but he didn't want to do that. I wish something could be done about Upper Chesapeake. That hospital is perhaps the worst in the state. I've never seen such neglect. They took all the quacks from Fallston (that was the old hospital) and transferred them over to Upper Chesapeake. It's just uncalled for. They should think about restructuring before that hospital is sued for malpractice or worse. It's just really really upsetting that they sent him home last night and something could have happened and he could have died. That is if everything doesn't turn out well with the test they're getting ready to do. My mom doesn't take this sort of stuff well so I have to be the cool calm one. Sometime I get really upset with my sisters because they don't seem to care and don't want to help mom

I don't know what to do anymore. It's just really stressful and with the holidays this week I'm at my wits end. Too much crazy stuff going on.

On a brighter note, we made a ton of candy this weekend. The girls were covered in chocolate. I wish I had the camera but it was at the hospital with my stepdad. Anyway it was a good time for all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home