Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Good Idea

Since Christmas is right around the corner, I'm coming up short on good gift ideas. I have most of the "important" people done. Important being my family. I've explained to friends that they might have to wait til after Christmas for gifts because of a shortage of funds. Seems like everyone is tight on cash this year for various reasons. This brings me to an idea that I got from something my sister asked for for Christmas. A couple years ago we had a mutual friend living with us and she had this herbal pillow. You could put it in the microwave for a couple minutes and it would heat up and smell really good. I've been looking for them on and off since then. My sister asked for one this year. So I figured why can't I make them. All they consist of is material for the actual pillow (breathable material like cotton), flax seed, rice, or beans for the filling, herbs and oils. Not to bad. Then I was thinking where am I going to get the oil and flax seed. The local farm and feed store (yes I live in a place where they have not one but three within driving distance) sells flax seed so that's once down. Now where to find oils. I thought maybe Michael's or Joann's might have them but they didn't. I did a little more research online of course and found that the Natural Food store sells them. These can be a little expensive mind you but you are only using a couple drops to scent the flax in the filling. I figure if I buy a lot of flax seed which is relatively inexpensive and couple different oils, then I can make a couple different pillows for people and it won't cost me a lot except in time. Not too bad though considering since school is out for the moment, I'll have quite a bit of time on my hands. So this weekend I'm going to go to a these stores and buy the stuff I'll need for it. I also need to go to Joann's for the fabric. There are recipes that you can find online as well that will help you find the right combination of scents for different things. They have one for babies and expectant mothers, they have some for when people are sick....all kinds. It's really interesting. These things go back hundreds of years. So once I get all the materials together, I'm going to make a couple different ones for people for Christmas. I thought it was a good idea. And they're a really good stress reliever too when heated. They can also be frozen.

Now on to the other issue that is "plaguing" me. I had my math final last night. It wasn't pretty. I don't think I did all that well but I tried. A lot of the test was on what we did last week. Unfortuanately, I missed last week due to my tooth. It's not good at all. I froze once I got the test. I couldn't remember the simple stuff either but it eventually came to me. I just wish he would have done less on that chapter and more on the other. I tried though, I hope that counts for something. I'm not looking for a super grade or anything. I just want to pass and I hope by next week I'll know. It's over now...there's no use getting too upset over it. If anything I'll have to take it over again (I'm realy hoping that I don't have to) but it's ok. It wouldn't be the first time I had an issue with a math class. I'm a total dunce when it comes to math so when I started college I had to take remedial algebra. I failed the first time because I couldn't understand factoring. Now that I look back on it, factoring was super easy. But at the time I thought it was hard. But I eventually worked through it and passed with a B last year. So it wouldn't surprise me if I had to repeat this again. I know there'll be a lot of people repeating it from my class because they audited it this semester and said they were planning on taking it again as long as they didn't get the same teacher. Anyway school is over and once I know how I did (whether or not I passed) I'll post it. Like I said I already got my results from my other class and I didn't have to worry about that at all. She said she liked my paper and that I did a good job researching a tough subject. I wish I knew what other people wrote about though. I have no idea what they could have written about aside from environmental law which is an awesome subject. I hope next semester my anthropology class is as good as this one was. I'm really looking forward to that. I can't wait.

Well, thats it for now. Just wanted to relieve some of the thoughts that were swirling in my head about the final last night and maybe give someone a good idea for a Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanzaa present. I don't know if presents are given on Kwanzaa...I'll have to look that one up and post about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home