Monday, November 21, 2005

Harry Potter Rules!

I saw the movie over the weekend and it was better than I thought it was going to be. I thought it was one of the best movies I've seen. I saw a preview for King Kong and thats looks really good too. I wasn't planning on seeing it but upon seeing the trailer, I think I will.

Back to Harry Potter though....The effects were really really good. Everything looked real. The merpeople reminded me of one of the puppets from Labyrinth though. Only one of the puppets. The only criticism I have is of Dumbledore. I thought he was a little over the top in the movie and in the books he wasn't quite so severe with Harry when his name comes out of the Goblet of Fire. The man who played Mad-Eye Moody was excellent. I loved the eye. Overall it was a fantastic movie and I think I'll probably see it again before it goes out of theaters. If anyone comes across this that hasn't seen it, they should go right now and watch it. Definitely worth the money.

I spent the rest of the weekend baking pies. I made 2 pumpkin and one coconut custard. I still have to make at least one more pumpkin but in that one I have to put chocolate in it for my cousin. I promised him I would make him one so I can't go back on my promise.

Alison came up for the weekend and her friend Amy came by with her new husband and baby. Her husband seemed nice but he's so young. He's 18 and she's 25. Who knows though, it might work. The baby is too cute though. His name is Nathan, one of my favorite names. They went with us down to Middle River where we met my step brother, his wife, and son. Andy, my step nephew, was being cute as always. I don't see any of Sarah in him aside from his hair color. But then again, I haven't seen any baby pictures of her so I could be wrong. It was nice though. I like getting a bunch of people together and just talking and having a good time.

This is a short week which is good and bad. Good in that well, its short, and bad because there isn't a lot of time to get stuff done. My sister and I have decided to take the burden off my mom and make Thanksgiving dinner. We'll have a blast as long as mom stays out of the kitchen which I know she won't. It's mom.

Well, thats all for now....Go See Harry Potter!

2 Comments:

Blogger athen said...

Wow!!!! Now, I'm going to watch it by this week, with or without friends.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Lance said...

I concur.

Harry does, as you so succinctly put it, "rule."

=)

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home