Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Jeff Daniels

Ok this might be weird but I'm gonna go for it. I'm sure that most people have a "celebrity crush"; most people I think have more that one. Why else would people see a movie solely because an actor is in it? Well one of mine is Jeff Daniels. I don't know why.....he's someone I've always had an affinity for.

I remember the first movie I saw him in that I can fully remember was "Gettysburg". I didn't know a whole lot about Gettysburg except that it was a battle during the Civil War. I remember after watching him I wanted to know more about it. So I went and got the book "Killer Angels" which the movie was based on. I read the book and I sort of fell in love with that time period. Then I saw "Dumb & Dumber" and it was hilarious....I was a fan of Jim Carrey because of "In Living Color" but Jeff Daniels was hilarious in it. I didn't think he would do a film like that. But I really liked him in it; he was silly. And then I don't remember him in anything for a while until "Pleasantville". He was really really good in that movie. I don't think anyone else could have done that part better. It fit him so well.

Then I saw him in the TV version of "The Goodbye Girl". I never saw the original with Richard Dreyfus but I knew the premise of it. Anyway I thought he was really good in that too. I know I'm sounding a little stalker-like but I'm really not. I don't have a shrine dedicated to Jeff Daniels and I don't camp outside his house or anything like that. I just think he's one of the most underrated actors. I wish he did more movies or tv...I will watch just about anything with him in it ...even if its a terrible movie, not that I've seen one yet.

He's just someone I feel is underrated. The reason I'm writing about this now is because on iTunes, he has his playlist up there. When I saw him I was like hey, where has Jeff Daniels been? The last thing I saw him in was "The Goodbye Girl"....for some reason I thought it was years ago when it came out....it was last year. He seems like a regular guy. I like that.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lance said...

Jeff Daniels.

That's definitely an interesting choice for a celebrity crush lol.

Reading this made me curious as to what he's been up to as well and perusing the Internet I found a few things:

Jeff's an Aquarius. Always a good thing =)

He's got 2 movies in post-production.

I went and reading his playlist on iTunes that you mentioned.

I really liked the story about the first time he heard Elton John's Levon.

Great post, Kyleen. Thanks for sharing your celebrity crush with us =)

1:05 PM  
Blogger Kyleen said...

I know its weird but oh well, thats me. Thanks for the extra infor on him...didn't know he was an aquarius. I liked the story about Keb Mo myself. :)

4:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home