Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Dia De Los Muertos

Yup, today is El Dia de los Muertos or the Day of the Dead, in Mexico. I first learned of this celebration in high school spanish class. They make mask, altars and decorate graves of their ancestors. They also make sugar skulls and decorate them as well. Someday I will travel to Oaxaca to attend this festival. It's supposed to be the best one around; the film we saw was of one that took place there and it seemed like a lot of fun. The festival is to celebrate the ancestors and a lot of the festivities take place in a graveyard. I know that sounds really morbid but if you actually see what they do, it's not morbid at all. It just looks very interesting and a lot of fun.

I feel like I haven't slept in days today. I don't know why. I went to bed at a decent hour last night and woke up usual time but for some reason I'm so so so tired. I have that feeling of sleeping only an hour and then waking up to go to school or work or whatever. I haven't felt like this in a long time. I did go to school last night; I had a quiz and I think I did alright. I think I might have forgotten to answer one of the questions. I hope not because the good thing about his grading system is that even if you have none of it right, you get a point or two for trying. I wish I could remember. It's going to drive me crazy. I hope we get them back tomorrow. I'm curious as to how I did. I have to head to the library again today so I can get more sources for my paper. So that means no going home and going to bed for me.

Other than those couple of things, nothing much else is going on personally. There is a lot going on worldwide of course. Here the big news is Bush's nominee to the Supreme Court. All I'm saying is that I hope they filibuster and he drops out too. And of course, bird flu. I touched on those yesterday so I'm not going to say much on them today.

Thats it for now...Too tired to think.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lance said...

I hope you get rested and feel all charged up again soon.

I think you're a real trooper for still posting though. Most woulda just taken the day off.

Kudos to you for being a tough little camper and blogging one out in spite of your weariness =)

12:58 PM  
Blogger Kyleen said...

Thanks :) It was a fairly productive day which is always good. Maybe I should start drinking caffeinated beverages. I try to stay away at all costs.

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home