Thursday, October 27, 2005

Movie Time

I don't care what anyone says and they can make fun of me all they want but I really liked "The Notebook". I thought it was one of the best movies I've seen lately. I know its been out for a while but I never got around to watching it. I thought it was going to be really cheesy and all that stuff but it wasn't. Ryan Gosling was fantastic in it. I liked him in "murder By Numbers" but aside from that I can't remember anything else he's been in. But he was really really good in it. I hope to see him in more things. Let me just say that James Garner is great too. I'm not too familiar with any of his older movies but I liked him in this one too. He was so sweet. I was in tears by the end. You have to not have a heart if you weren't. It was just heartbreaking but at the same time you couldn't help but feel good. Its a weird thing I don't know how to explain it. I might have to hit the library and read the book. I bet its a lot better than the movie. Thats usually how it goes though. I'm a total girl when it comes to movies like that though. (I mean I am a girl but I'm the stereotypical girl; you know what I mean)

The other movie that I saw recently that I really liked was "Batman Begins". I've been a Christian Bale fan ever since I saw him in "Little Women". This is just my opinion, but I think he's the best Batman since Michael Keaton. I mean the Val Kilmer and George Clooney were good but not great. I like them both in other movies just not as Batman. I can remember seeing the first "Batman" in the movies and being totally blown away. Hard to believe that was the same guy who played Beetlejuice.

I still have a couple movies I have to watch; both came out a while ago but thats ok with me. "The Sum of All Fears" I've heard was really good and I'm sure "Hotel Rwanda" is excellent. I love Don Cheadle. A while back, TV Land had a Night Court marathon and Don Cheadle was on it. But I really became a fan of his when he was on Picket Fences. That was a great show. I wish they would have kept it on longer.

Anyway, thats all for now. I got a B on my math midterm. Don't ask me how I pulled that one off because I have no idea. I thought for sure I flunked it. I felt really bad though for the girl I sit next to. She hasn't passed one of the tests or quizzes yet. I wish there was something I could do to help her but I don't think there is. I told her to watch the cd's though. They really really help. The lady that explains the material is really good. Maybe she'll take my advice and look at them. They really do help.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

The Notebook wasn't bad for a chick flick. Anything with James Garner is a must-see for me, but Rachel McAdams did her part.

Speaking of "Night Court," I think Bull would have been excellent in Hotel Rwanda. For some cross-promotion with Cheadle, I mean.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Lance said...

The Notebook...*giggle*...

=)

Batman Begins was pretty cool, I agree.

Although they borrowed so heavily from Frank Miller's work on Batman it should have been called, "Frank Miller's Batman Begins."

I've bitched about it before, I know. I won't start.

Still...*groan*...

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home