Monday, October 10, 2005

And It Poured!

This weekend was miserable weather-wise. I awoke Saturday to a torrential downpour but it doesn't stop there. I proceed to the hall and hear *drip, drip*. I look down and there's a bucket in the middle of the hall and water is slowly dripping from the ceiling. I couldn't believe it. I was like "You gotta be kidding!". Luckily it wasn't a lot of water but still. Our basement also flooded. Water came through the walls and seeped through the floor. I wish I had the old landlords # so that I could call him and have him come over to look at the mess and tell me once again that the basement was waterproofed. I was so angry but what can you do? The roads weren't that much better. Everywhere there were puddles on the road and in some places, water was literally pouring over barricades. We really needed the rain but I don't think we need that much that fast.

I went to meet a guy named Steve I've been talking to. It was nice but there wasn't anything to do so we decided to get together another time. I wish the weather would have cooperated but there is always another day. I stopped at Heidi's on the way home to see what was up with her and the girls. They're all doing well. Morgan must of have gotten Heidi's genes cause the girl was dressed like a polock. She had a green checked dress on with fuschia socks, she had obviously dressed herself. Anyway I went to lunch with them at McDonalds where there was a playplace. I really don't like McDonalds but it was time hanging out with them. I was supposed to get together with Maggie, Longo, and Devon on Saturday but by the time they were ready it was midnight and I was ready for bed so I cancelled. I haven't hung out with them in what seems like forever. I told Maggie I would hang out with her on Sunday but that didn't happen.

Over the weekend, Maggie's grandma had gone away to PA to visit her mother and when they got home, they found her grandfather. He had passed away trying to climb through the bathroom window. No one knows why he was trying to get in there but they think he locked himself out of the house and got a ladder to go through when he died. It's very sad. I was wondering why no one checked up on him over the weekend considering he's had serious health problems before. I guess no one really thought about it. They're going to have a memorial service later on this week. I think I'm going to make them dinner and take it over to them so they have one less thing to worry about. I know thats cliche and you always hear people wondering why other people take food to those who recently lost a loved one. I don't know what else to do for them you know? They've been a second family to me and I'm really sad that they're going through this right now. I know how they feel but I still don't know what to do for them.

Well, thats all for now. Mom's birthday is Wednesday so I have to figure something out to do for her that day too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lance said...

Well that sounds like a pretty busy weekend to me.

I hope it's drying out some for y'all there, too.

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home