Thursday, October 06, 2005

Eat or Be Eaten

I just read another interesting news story. This one involves a python and an alligator. Which one won? Neither, they both died. The 13ft python tried to eat the 6ft alligator and was almost done when its stomach burst. Gross. This happened in the Everglades in Florida, where officials say more and more pythons are being released because people can no longer handle them once they get too big for their homes. They are also afraid of the effects the pythons will have on other species living in the Everglades.

This is scary. I wouldn't want to be going along and see a python eating an alligator. I really don't want to come face to face with an alligator but I never had a problem with snakes. But a 13 ft snake is a different story. Another example of why people should make better choices when it comes to pets. Some animals are not meant to be pets and I know there are a lot of people out there that might take offense to that but look at this situation. It really makes you think. This is the reason that most people don't have bears for pets. Bears are cute and cuddly and yeah I would like to have one if they remained cute and cuddly but they don't. They grow up to be huge animals with needs that I wouldn't be able to meet. I mean there are people out there, most of them are professionals who have studies animal behavior and all that and understand the risks of having such a pet, but amateurs have no business keeping pets that may harm them or others. In other "news" I have a quiz tonight in algebra. I think I should do ok but we'll see. I'm going to try to get up there early so that I can review. I mean I go early anyway because if I don't I think I might wind up staying home, so I go as soon as I get home from work.

Thats all for the moment. If I find any other stories that I think people would find interesting, I'll post.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lance said...

I guess you could say he bit off more than he could chew, huh?

lol!

Get it? More than he could...

...nevermind, I thought it was funny...

8:11 AM  
Blogger Kyleen said...

LOL...It was funny.

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home