Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Beautiful Morning

Oh man is it gorgeous this morning. I walked out of the house and was surprised. There was a nip in the air and it smelled like fall. I don't know how to describe what fall smells like but it just smelled that way to me. I get pictures in my head of previous falls and how much fun they were. I think about camp fires and hay rides. Baking pumpkin and drinking apple cider. All things fall. I remember when I was in elementary school we went to the local farm where they grew apples and pumpkins and we got to actually make cider. I remember the bees flying around scaring most of the kids including myself. But we weren't that concerned with the bees when it was our turn to try and make the cider.

Then I remember Halloween. Probably my favorite holiday next to Christmas. I was always a vampire when I was a kid. Not always but more often than not. I don't know why I wanted to be Dracula, I just did. My mom was pretty creative with our costumes. She hand made them. I remember one year I was a spanish dancer, that was a lot of fun and my sister was a shock therapy patient. Mom has always been good at make up too. One year she went to her works Halloween party dressed like a man. And boy did she look like one. It was so funny.

Carving pumpkins has always been one of my fav fall activities even though I'm not good at it. I'm pretty bad actually but that doesn't matter, they're just going to rot anyway. I like the squishy feel of the pulp of the pumpkin and picking through to get the seeds out so I can roast them later. I think of the "Roseanne" Halloween specials and how much fun they were to watch. They were really creative on that show when it came to Halloween. I remember Dan going as the Three stooges and I remember when they scared the crap out of their prissy next door neighbor. Family tv at its best.

Just a great time of year for me full of happy memories and beautiful experiences.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lance said...

It was a beautiful morning here, too.

Perfect weather.

That was a nice collection of memories you shared as well =)

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home