Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Gloom

I just read a really cute story...There was a little girl who wanted to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina but didn't know what to do. Well, she just lost a tooth and so she decided to send the tooth along with a note saying that she hoped that the tooth fairy would leave money under someone elses pillow instead of hers. I thought that was really sweet. To top it all off, in response to hearing the story, someone donated $500 to the victims. Thats probably one of the best stories I've read. How sweet. I know, maybe too sweet but come on. How many people are out there that can afford to help that haven't and this little girl had a big enough heart to do something she felt could help. Thats pure innocence right there.

I figured I would start off on a bright note considering the weather here. It's been miserable. Nothing but gloom. It feels like I haven't seen the sun in weeks. The gloom seems to be permeating everything. People are moving slower, they aren't smiling or being their usual jovial selves. Hopefully the weather will get better and peoples spirits will lift a bit. I know that there is such thing as seasonal depression. I never heard it before until a couple years ago. It's odd, I never thought about it. Maybe thats because it never affects me, I don't know. Its odd how the brain works.

Tomorrow is Maggie's grandpop's memorial. They got the results from the coroner yesterday and they said he had a heart attack. At least it was that and not something else. It's just strange how he died though. I mean when you think about someone dying while they're trying to climb in a window, you would think that someone would have seen something. I don't know. When my grandmother died, they had to "rope her off" because she died while walking down the street and they weren't sure how she died. She had been there for a while and no one seemed to see her. Mind you this was in Baltimore City but then again it was in the early morning hours so people probably weren't out.

Well, thats all for now...sorry so gloomy and sad. I wish there was more happy things going on in the world but as of right now there isn't. Maybe there'll be a change for the better and people will get happy again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home