Monday, November 14, 2005

Travis

First I want to thank everyone who wished me a happy birthday. It made my weekend considering :)

So who is Travis? Travis is a band from Scotland that some people might know because of their "hit" song "Why Does It Always Rain On Me?" I don't know how much of a hit it was over here but I know overseas it was pretty big. They are one of my favorite bands. Their sound is comparable to bands like Coldplay and Keane although I don't think they use the piano as much as those bands do. If you like either of this guys you'll probably like Travis. I haven't heard much about them lately. I wish I had though, they're really good. The lead singer, Fran Healy, has a unique voice, and the songs on the albums are unbelievable. Their music light and mellow but is considered alternative. Some of my favorite songs other than "Why Does It Always Rain On Me" are "Sing", "Writing To Reach You", "Driftwood", and "The Last Laugh Of The Laughter". They are just a few of the really great songs that appear on their albums. I haven't gotten their new one but hopefully I'll be able to get it soon. I'm thinking of purchasing it via iTunes instead of buying the cd. Their cd's are a little hard to find unless you look online or visit a Record and Tape Traders. I don't think that that chain is nationwide though so anyone who comes across this and is considering buying any of their music might want to look online first. I wish there was a way I could post a snippet of what they sound like but I can't so you'll have to take my word for it. They are really good and worth the listen.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lance said...

"Sing" is my favorite Travis song. I like the train =)

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home