Monday, November 28, 2005

Thankgiving and Now The Rush

Thanksgiving went well. No one got sick off the cooking done by my sister and I. Thats always good :) At some point though my sister and my mom got aggravated with each other. Too many cooks in the kitchen sorta deal. On Friday I went to Jenn's mom's house for their Thanksgiving. They always have it the day after since both Jenn and Shelley are married that way they can both be there for Thanksgiving dinner. If I had known that Ms. Nancy was going to be alone I would have called and asked her if she wanted to come over. I don't think she would have but I still would have tried. Jeffery was being his usual cute self. Just being a good kid. He just wants attention which as an only child right now he's getting. But still he's a good kid and he's really really smart. Yeah I know that most people think the kids they know are the smartest but in this case I think he is. He really likes his teachers too. Ryan was being anti-social per usual. I don't know what the issue with his is. He never used to be that way but now he is. I guess when you can't stand someone you live with you want to be away from them even if that means hiding out in a room for hours on end. I finished the rough draft of my final paper on Friday and got a 50/50. I think my poor teacher might still be hopped up on pain killers since her knee replacement. Thats the only way I can see that I got that grade.

Saturday I went to see dad. He was doing alright. He didn't talk much as usual. He never does. So Jenn and I stuck around for a couple hours before he had to go to work. He send me home with wine that we'll never drink. He got 2 of the bottles from my sister for Christmas last year and now I have to hide it so as not to hurt her feelings. I think he forgot about that. He was busy watching the Maryland NC State game. We were doing so well and then it just fell apart. We shouldn't have lost to them but what can you do? You win some you lose some. But people here need some sort of help. I mean the Ravens aren't exactly having a stellar season and the Orioles...well lets just say not good at all. Saturday night Jason finally got his first deer of the season. For a city boy he sure likes to hunt. I can't do anything like that. I abhor guns of any kind and I don't want to kill anything. I'm just not interested.

Yesterday I got the tree up and some of the decorations out. I still have to decorate the tree but first I have to buy new garland. We came up a little short. We have a prelit tree and there was a section that wouldn't light and instead of figuring out which one of the many was loose or out, I just put a strand up. It looks decent for now. I still have a lot of work to do on it. I know the coming month is going to fly by. It always does. Before I know it, it will be the end of the month and the beginning of the new year. How time flies!

Sam and Frank stopped by last night. That was a real shocker. The last time I saw Frank was a couple months ago. I think it was in August but I can't be sure. I know it was still warm out. Anyway Frank has a new girl. She's young. I don't know what the deal is with people I know dating people that are way too young for them. At least Amy's husband knows her real age. I love Frank to death I really do but he shouldn't be lying to his girl about his age. She's 19 and he'll be 30 after Christmas. But once again its really none of my business. It's just wrong to me. If she was 29 and he was going on 40 it wouldn't be an issue but there is a lot of difference between a 19 year old and a 30 year old. I don't mean to offend anyone I mean maybe it works sometimes I just don't see it working out for him. I've been wrong though and for his sake I hope it works out. Her parents know he's older and they don't seem to have an issue with it so I guess it'll all be fine.

Today I'm back at work. I still have a lot to get done this week. I'm hoping that time won't go by too fast for me this month although I have an inkling it will. I better get back to work though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home