Friday, December 16, 2005

Working For the Weekend

No, not the terrible 80's song....I have to do some work over the weekend. Man I really don't like that song at all...I have it on a CD that I haven't listened to in forever; probably for good reason. Anyway over the weekend Heidi and the girls are coming up to make candy and cookies. I think I might be more excited than they are. They keep saying "Are we going to Nana's still?". Nana is my mom....she isn't their grandmother, she's their great aunt but when my cousin Christopher was little, he couldn't say Mary...it came out Nana and it sort of stuck with some of the kids. Anyway it should be a lot of fun.

Because of the weather yesterday, I didn't have time to get to the stores to get some of the supplies that I needed. So today I'm going to have to run out and get them. It won't be too bad I hope. I don't have to go to the mall which is always a blessing so I shouldn't run into any traffic issues. I also have to finish up some of the Christmas shopping that I have left. I don't have a lot of people left to do but I have a bit. Most people are getting gift cards from me either from Barnes & Noble or Toys R Us. I wish we had a Borders closer to us. I don't care for Barnes & Noble....they don't carry a lot of what I like to read. A couple years ago my friend was looking for a specific book for me and they said they didn't carry it because it was considered left-wing. I didn't know that book stores were so political. They closed the Bibelot they had up here years ago because people were going into Barnes & Noble instead...that was a great book store. You could find just about anything in there and their coffee shop was better than Starbucks. Starbucks is so hoity-toity that I hate going in there. I grin and bare it every one in a while to get a hot apple cider or something.

So its a packed weekend. School is over so I don't have to worry about homework for the time being. I still don't know when the grades are going to be posted. I think they should be posted by next week sometime. As far as I know, most of the finals are done and over with the exception of the classes that were supposed to take them yesterday. School was cancelled because of inclement weather. Why couldn't that happen to me on Tuesday? :(

Favorite song at the moment: "Soul Meets Body" Death Cab for Cutie. Great song!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home