Thursday, December 22, 2005

Postponed for Now

Well my mom couldn't find the courthouse so she and my stepdad aren't getting married tomorrow like they wanted to. They're going to wait til he's out of the hospital to do. Maybe even do it on New Year's Eve....that way he won't forget their anniversary. He has his operation tomorrow at 7 am. The doctors said it would take about 5 hours. I was supposed to come into work tomorrow but I don't want to leave my mom up there by herself so I might just go up there with her. I asked my sister if she was going and she said yeah but she didn't know what time. Since I haven't gone up the past 2 nights, I'm going to go up this evening.

My aunt and my sister had a blow up of sorts. After we left her house yesterday, my aunt called my sister and starting yelling at her telling her all sorts of things. When we got home, my sister was reduced to tears....My aunt really let her have it. She said a lot of mean things that I don't care to repeat but some of the points she made were true. She just went about it the wrong way. Now my brother in law is all sorts of mad and wants to call Aunt Sam up and tell her what he thinks of her. I just wish people would let it go. Yeah I know if it was me I would be upset too but this is not the time to be pulling stuff like this. I'm hoping that soon it'll be water under the bridge. My mom and my aunt just starting talking again two years ago after 6 years. They had a huge fight over my sister, the same one coincidentally. People just need to let things go. There are times you need to stand up and say something....this is not one of those times.

Anyway....nothing else is going on personally but in the news there are a couple things of interest that are happening. One is that the Senate blocked the propostion for drilling for oil in and Alaskan Wildlife Refuge. Good job Senate! Another issue, this one not at all favorable, was the extension of the Patriot Act....on the upside its only extended for 6 months. Hopefully with any luck it will be defeated and there will be no more Patriot Act. Another one that is really deplorable is that the government will be cutting several federally funded programs, the hardest hit areas being Medicare and Medicaid. I was so disappointed when this happened. I wish people would realize that some people need help and sometimes it's our social responsibility to help those people. I know there are people out there who take advantage of the system but there are infinitely more people that really need it. I hate hearing how some people are forced to live. It just doesn't seem right when there are so many wealthy people. Once again the rich were still be given tax breaks...that doesn't seem fair does it. I mean the government takes over $200 per paycheck...I don't mind....why can't the rich give up just a little bit more. It's not hurting them any is it?

ok I'm going to step off my soapbox for the day. Merry Christmas!

1 Comments:

Blogger athen said...

Merry Christmas. I'm sorry to hear all those things that happened. Yeah, People really need to learned to let go.

Try to enjoy the holiday as much as you can.

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home