Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Someones Getting Married

No....not me....my mom and stepdad. I call him my stepdad because he and my mom have been together for 20 years. They broke up for a while when I was in middle school but have been together ever since. They have their ups and downs and he did move out for a while but they stayed together. Well in light of his health problems and the fact that they just never got around to getting married, he brought it up yesterday and they decided that Friday depending on when his surgery is and how it goes, they're going to get married right there in the hospital. Yeah I know it sounds tacky and suspicious but its what he wants to do. She was afraid yesterday that he was going to regret it later but he said he wouldn't. Anyway...thats who's getting married. I don't know if I'm going to be there though since I have to work. I just hope everything goes well and he comes out of it ok.

I got to work almost an hour late this morning. Not intentionally, I woke up late and thought it was earlier than it was so I got here a little before 8. I'm among the first to get here so it wasn't really a big deal. My mom is still taking things pretty hard but my stepdad is trying to find her a doctor that will give her something to calm her nerves. She's been drinking a lot but nothing I do or say seems to make her stop. Maybe if she got something for her nerves, she would stop. It's unlikely but one can hope. If it doesn't then my cousin and I are going to plan an intervention. She's had an issue with alcohol before. She tried to commit suicide shorty after her and my stepdad broke up back when I was in middle school. My sister was the one that found her and called 911....luckily they were able to save her but she had to seek psychiatric treatment and attend AA. She didn't drink for years but now she's back to doing it all day everyday. She drinks as soon as she wakes up and on the way to work and after work and at home. I wish there was something I could do to make her stop but nothing seems to work. I really think she's trying to kill herself and everyone, myself included, is afraid to say something to her...hence the planned intervention.

Wow! I feel so much better now that thats off my chest. I've been kinda at a loss here lately with everything going on. I wish people could learn to relax and try to think positive. I know its hard to do that sometimes and I don't do it all the time but when stuff like this happens it doesn't help to think the worst. There is almost always a silver lining.

1 Comments:

Blogger athen said...

Same here.

I guess its now the time for the family to get together and try to pull it through.

Cheers up!

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home