Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Gotta Make The Most of It

Good News, Bad News time....Good News: my stepdad didn't have a heart attack and he's being well taken care of. Bad News: he has to have at least a triple bypass if not a quadruple.

We went to the hospital directly from work yesterday so we could know what was going on. When we got there they still hadn't taken him back but were going to do so within the hour. So they took him back and in a little while, he was back out. The doctor came over to us and took us into the consult room and gave us that bad news. All of his stents are failing. They're blocked which means blood isn't getting to his heart. ALL of the bypasses are bad so they're deciding what to do next. He's to meet with the surgeon this morning. At least he's in a hospital where they know what they're doing. I was so angry when I heard all of this. It was like a million emotions going through me at once. I'm so glad he followed his instincts and called his doctors. They had him come over to the hospital right away and that when they found all this. It took a lot for me not to go up to Upper Chesapeake and tell them what I really thought of them. The nurses were really nice but I never once saw a doctor come in. I guess he had more important things to do than care for a patient. So Christmas isn't going to be all happy this year. Thats ok as long as he's ok. I don't care about presents and all that stuff. I just want him to be healthy and happy and things go alright, you know?

My mom isn't taking this news well at all. She's never been able to though. I mean she's an absolute mess. This is almost a replay of last year except worse. At least last year he was home for Christmas. It looks like we'll be there for the holiday. I've never spent a holiday at place other than a house. It's gonna be weird but we'll make the most of a bad situation.

2 Comments:

Blogger athen said...

I'm really sorry to hear that. Hope that everything turn out fine at the end. Good luck, and try to enjoy the Holiday as much as you can.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Kyleen said...

Thanks.....Hope you have a Happy Holiday too

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home