Monday, December 26, 2005

Merry Christmas

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. Things were a little somber this year considering the circumstances. I gave my mom and my sisters their presents yesterday morning. They really liked what I got them. Then we went to Christmas breakfast at my cousins house. That was fun. The girls were so happy so see us and show us their new toys. They'll probably hate me in the future but I got them books again this year. I try to get educational gifts for the kids in my life. They get enough of the other stuff so why not think outside the box right? I ordered the Leapfrog Little touch leap pad for Andy....he got 3 of them not including ours so I'm going to sell it on eBay or something and get him some baby Einstein things. I suggested that originally but my stepdad scoffed at it. I got a gift card from my sister and a picture of the girls with Santa from my cousin. It was nice. After we ate and visited, we headed to the hospital and spent the day there. My sister wound up in the emergency room with a severe anxiety attack. She gets them worse than I do and is on medication for it but since they only planned to stay the day on Saturday didn't bring her medicine so she wound up skipping a dose. That sort of triggered it along with how many people were in the hospital room. They gave her her medicine in the emergency room and then she was ok. At around 6 we left the hospital and headed home where we ate dinner.

All in all it wasn't bad. I got my Christmas wish in that my stepdad pulled through the surgery and he's doing remarkably well. They say he might be home by the end of the week. He's still really sore but thats to be expected...he had open heart surgery.....thats going to hurt. They say he still might need a transfusion to get his blood pressure back up but they're going to wait and see. After work today we're going back up to the hospital to see how he is. I'll tell you this....I hope I don't see the inside of a hospital for at least a whole year. I've been in a hospital more than school this year. Speaking if school, I got my math grade. I wound up with a B. How great a feeling that was. Yeah I wanted an A but I knew I wasn't going to get it. I thought for sure it was going to be a C. I just wanted to pass. I think I'm going to work extra hard next semester to get all A's and not slack off like I did. School doesn't start for a couple weeks yet so I'm not going to push it. I finally finished "Sense & Sensibility" over the weekend. Great book. And I started on "Pride & Prejudice". So far that one is good too. I think it moves a little faster than "Sense & Sensibilty" but maybe I'm just getting used to her style of writing I don't know.

Well thats all for now. Better get back to work. No one is here. I think there is only one other person in the building. Its strange but I like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home