Monday, January 02, 2006

My New Year

My New Year started off alright....very very quiet. Maggie and I had an arguement so we haven't spoken since Friday. It was all a misunderstanding but until she's ready to talk about it like adults then I'll just keep it quiet. So I spent the New Year at home with my parents, my sister, my brother in law, my brother in laws brother and Frankie. Frankie and Jenn came along with me to my dads on Friday. They made it a lot less awkward for me and Dad got to meet Frankie. We've been friends for 7+ years and they never met. I got to see my great niece who is absolutely gorgeous. She has the bluest eyes I've ever seen. Its weird technically being a great aunt at 26. That is usually reserved for people over the age of 40. Anyway it wasn't so bad.

Yesterday I just sort of hung out......There wasn't much to do here...there hasn't been much to do at all. Today I stayed home as well. I was off for the holiday. I did get a little reading done and finally watched Fantastic Four. It was a decent movie. I'm not at all familiar with the comic so I'm no expert or anything. Frankie just left....it's the last time I'll see him for at least a year. He goes to VA tomorrow and leaves for AZ from there. Then on February 4 he goes to Iraq. I was really hoping that he wouldn't have to go but he does. I think he realizes now that he didn't really want to go. He's planning to travel a little when he gets home from Iraq. He wants to go to Europe and all that. It's something he's always wanted to do. February 4 coincidentally happens to be the same date he left for Korea 5 years ago. Thats pretty odd to me. Anyway he's gone and I'm not as upset about it as I thought I was going to be. It just seems like it was meant to happen. I don't know how to explain it. It just seems ok, you know?

1 Comments:

Blogger athen said...

Just wanna wish Frankie a Safe Journey. And please tell him that I thank him for doing such a great and honor thing.

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home