Friday, January 13, 2006

Sniff!

I haven't been outside since I got to work. A guy needed to be let in to deliver a freezer from the loading dock and since Mike isn't here today I had to let him in. It's sort of dreary out....very foggy and damp. Anyway I went down to let him in; I opened the door and was hit by a blast of wind. When I was hit by the wind it reminded me of something. It reminded me of being near the ocean during the summer. I don't mean the middle of summer when its like 60 degrees at night but in late summer early fall. We've had unusually warm temps the past couple of days here...its seems more like spring to me. Anyway when you're at the ocean in the summer and its cool and foggy, the air just smells different. I wanted to run home get a sweatshirt, grab a cup of coffee and just sit outside. It's not actually raining but it looks like its going to any second. You know how the air smells right before it rains? I thought I could smell thunder. I don't know if that makes anysense at all to anyone but that is what I thought of. It's weird I know, you can't really smell a sound but that was the best way I could describe it. I wish it was like that the rest of the weekend. I would sit with the windows wide open hoping to tempt the air through the window and into the house. It's just a very peaceful feeling for me when I smell and feel stuff like that. It's funny how things just sort of make sense to probably only you when you experience certain things. Ok now I'm just rambling. I'm having a bit of a hard time putting into words exactly how I felt but I think I did it the best way I could.

Ok...moving away from that....the Donner Party. They are once again in the news. Turns out they might not have resorted to cannibalism like everyone thought. To read the story click here. I can remember the first time I heard of the Donner party....it was in the movie "Beetlejuice" when the Maitlands were waiting to see Juno (sp?). I didn't know who they were and I never gave it much thought but years later I heard it again and I remembered hearing it in that movie so I looked it up and read about it. Funny how you remember things, isn't it?

Well thats all for now...I'm going to daydream about what its like outside and wish for it to be 3:30 so that I can leave here for the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home