Friday, February 03, 2006

My Superbowl Pick

This weekend of course is the Super Bowl...you know it should be a national holiday. I think 90% of Americans watch it whether they like the teams playing or not. I'm going to a Super Bowl party instead of throwing one myself. Maggie decided to throw one so I just bring something for everyone to snack on and what not. I hope its at her dads house because I don't want to go to her house...not that there is anything wrong with it but its a lot further away and I just feel weird in her neighborhood. It's not a very safe one if you know what I mean.

Big plans for the weekend. Tonight I'm going out with my friend Jenn, who I haven't seen in what seems like years but has only been a month. I think we'll get some dinner and catch up. Then I'll get my homework done. I've been trying to read here at work its just not working for me. There are too many distractions so I'll save it til I get home this evening.Tomorrow will be spent clearing the middle room out. I've been talking about doing this for weeks and no matter what happens tomorrow, it will get done. Then it will be Super Bowl Sunday.

My pick as to who will win the Super Bowl....I'm going to have to go with the Steelers. I know its a betrayal to my hometown but I can't root for Seattle. I just can't...they're slogan bothers me. I know that Seattle will probably win because most of the time, the one I pick loses with the exception of last year. I knew the Patriots were going to win...that was a given. So I think it'll be the Steelers.

Now it's just a countdown to baseball season. I like going to baseball games but I can't watch them on tv. When I was a kid I could because my grandmother was a huge O's fan and it was sort of like a bonding thing for me I guess. I'm hoping that we actually have a good team this year and that I can actually get to a game. It's been forever since I've been to one. It's just a lot of fun....especially in the nosebleed seats. Thats where all the fun people are.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lance said...

I think Pittsburgh is the better team, but they have a long history of choking in big games during the Bill Cowher era. He's pretty good at finding ways to lose.

Plus, Mike Holmgren has won a Super Bowl with the Packers so he knows how to prepare to win.

Cowher's never won the big one.

We'll see, I guess.

I'd say Pittsburgh if it wasn't for my lack of faith in Cowher.

9:05 PM  
Blogger Kyleen said...

At the last minute I changed who I wanted to win. I felt bad because no one was rooting for Seattle so thats who I went with. I guess I should have stuck with the Steelers. Oh well, no big deal. I'm not a fan of either team and I didn't have any money on it or anything. I'm not a gambler. It was a good game though. There were some bad calls but thats the breaks.

4:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home