Thursday, January 26, 2006

This Is Why I Love Joel Stein

Not only is he a fantastic journalist, but he's funny too. I don't know if anyone has seen him on I Love the 80's but he's on there too....him and Mo Rocca kind of resemble each other but thats neither here nor there. He's really funny and really smart. Now the other day he wrote an article in the Opinion section of the L.A. Times stating his feelings about the war. This article is hilarious and needlesss to say it has ruffled a few feathers especially among conservatives. They are not at all happy with what he said at all even though it is clearly HIS opinion. It should definitely be checked out. To read the full article click HERE .

In other news....well things are just going a little batty around the world with Iran wanting to develop nuclear weapons (Very scary thought) and of course the daily issue that is Iraq. The Middle East appears to be becoming hell on earth. You couldn't pay me any sum of money to go there for any reason. Now Hamas has emerged victorious in Palestinian elections. All this is a lot to take in at once isn't it. It just seems to be building up. Bush doesn't know what he's doing (hasn't since day one but thats my view)...it's just all sorts of messed up. Kinda makes you feel a little helpless at this point. There isn't anything we can do right now to stop whats going on aside from bringing the troops home but Bush is determined to keep them there as long as he feels like. It just makes my blood boil. I shouldn't let it upset me this much but I can't help it. To think of the all the innocent people that are dying over in Iraq not to mention the almost daily casualties that our soldiers are suffering...and what for?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home