Monday, March 06, 2006

Good Music

There seems to have been an absence of good rock music here lately. There are a few that are good but nothing that actually sticks out in my mind. Now when I say rock music I mean heavy guitar, bass, drums, and vocals. So what I've been listening to lately is Shinedown. Last year they had a hit with "45" and then they covered Lynyrd Skynard's "Simple Man". They had another song last year that I didn't hear as much as the other 2: "Burning Bright". "45" is a great song...I never get tired of listening to it and they definitely did justice with "Simple Man" and I'm not much of a Skynyrd fan. This year I've heard 2 songs from their current album and let me say....they are fantastic. "Save Me" and "I Dare You" are really really really good. "I Dare You" is my personal favorite of the two because I'm a silly sentimental girl and it's sort of a sappy song....to me it is anyway. You can see someone saying the lyrics. Its really amazing. I just can't tell you enough how good they are. The lyrics to "Save Me" are extremely vivid. You can actually see what he's singing about when you listen to the song. Not too many songs can do that...not anymore anyway. I think they're probably the best band out there at the moment as far as good old hard rock goes. I like them a lot. I haven't listened to either album all the way through but I fully intend to. It took me forever to figure out who they were. Every time I heard them on the radio I missed who they were and when I finally figured it out I downloaded a couple of the songs on to my iPod. I think I'm going to have to get a new one here soon. It's filling up slowly but surely. I'm sure as I remember songs I'll keep putting them on there and all that. But anyway....Shinedown. They are really really good and everyone should give them a listen. If you don't care for profanity in music as far as I know there aren't any bad words in the songs I listed above. I know there are some people out there that are sensitive about stuff like. Anyway listen to them I don't think you'll be disappointed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home