Monday, March 27, 2006

Yeah! George Mason

Ok well I don't watch basketball...just couldn't get into it but the talk of the sports world is the "Cinderella" story George Mason. I hate using "Cinderella Story" but this one truly is. All I've heard about all day is how they beat UCONN. Like I said I didn't watch it nor do I plan on watching it but like most people, I like to see the underdogs win. My sister goest to George Mason so I know she's all sorts of excited. I wouldn't be surprised if she watched the game yesterday...I haven't talked to her since then but I'm pretty sure she was planning on it. So we'll see what happens with them. Congrats to them for making it to the Final Four. No one thought it was possible and it has so it's great for them. Also making news in the sports world in my area is the story of 16 year old Kimmie Meissner. She's a local girl attending the high school about 10 minutes from my house. She won the World Championship over the weekend. I'm surprised they didn't throw her another parade. They did that when she came home from the Olympics where she finished a surprising 6th. No one thought she would get that far and now look at her. She upset the Silver Medalist and she plans on competing in the next Olympics. So Congrats to her as well. There are a lot of people here that are really proud of her.

Nothing much going on. Sam came by again. Not a good thing. Went out with Heidi on Saturday night. That was nice. A couple people from her neighborhood got together and decided to make a night of it. I think we're going to do that again although we're not going to go to the same place. It got old really quick...didn't get back to Heidi's til after 3 so I stayed the night. I didn't want to risk driving home that late and I was really tired. I got up at 8 and headed home. Good stuff. That was my weekend. Other than that just more of the usual. I started reading the other book for my Anthropology class...so far it's pretty interesting. It's about a culture clash between Hmong natives and American dr's when it comes to the care of a little girl suffering from epilepsy. Very interesting to read about some of the traditions the Hmong follow. I'll probably read more this evening. Hopefully Sam won't come by ;)

2 Comments:

Blogger Lance said...

Hmm.

I left a comment earlier but it didn't show up for some reason.

I hope this one sticks and I apologize if you end up with two lol.

That's great George Mason upset UConn. I, and most everyone else, really expected UConn to be the winner.

It's certainly wide open now.

7:31 PM  
Blogger Kyleen said...

Yeah it certainly makes things interesting. The Lady Terps are also in the Final Four. Good for them. Like I said I don't follow basketball but I'm happy that all of their hard work is paying off. It makes good entertainment.

5:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home