Thursday, May 04, 2006

"One More Night"

I don't know about anyone else but there are things that scare you when you're a kid and you don't know why. My best friend was petrified of that song "The Rhythm Is Gonna Get You" when she was little. She didn't know what the rhythm was but she thought it was gonna get her. When I was a kid, my cousin used to go to this youth group called Sunbeams. It was at this Salvation Army church and it smelled funny. I had issues with preachers and stuff since I was little unless they were priests or nuns. I don't know why I just did....churches smelled funny to me.Anyway my cousin talked me into going even though I didn't want to. So the church lady came to pick us up and she was listening to Phil Collins on the radio. The song was "One More Night" and for some reason I started thinking that I would never see my mom again. I started crying hysterically for my mom...mind you I was like 8 I think. They finallly drove me back home and I had to explain that I thought that I was never going to see my mom again. For years I kept that to myself but I figured since I didn't have anything else to write about that I would write about that.
I did go to the rally for Darfur on Sunday. I couldn't stay the whole time but I got to hear Paul Rusesabagina, a couple holocause survivors, Al Sharpton, Russell Simmons, and scores more. It was very interesting. There were a lot of Sudanese people there. I'm going to write more about it sometime soon but I got to get the pics up on here. There are a couple that I took that were interesting.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lance said...

Aww. That's a very sweet - and also funny - story. The main thing I remember being afraid of as a child is the dark.

That's great that you're gonna be posting some pictures from the protest rally. I'm really interested in seeing those.

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home