Thursday, May 25, 2006

More Pictures

Here are the rest of the pictures from the rally. Like I said before they aren't as good as the ones that I posted yesterday. I don't take good pictures but they aren't too bad :)




One of the several processions of Sudanese.





Here is an older lady in a paper hat. My sister pointed her out so I took a picture of her. Later on she was with a group of them. I can't remember what the hats said but all of them said the same thing.



Another pic of the procession.



And another.



Of course I like Barak Obama a lot so I thought it was kind of neat that there was someone supporting him there. There were a lot of people that did, this is just one of the signs. Also right next to it is a sign with a great MLK quote: "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."

2 Comments:

Blogger Lance said...

From those pictures it looks like a good sized crowd turned out for the demonstration. Hopefully it'll help raise awareness and get some things done.

7:51 PM  
Blogger Kyleen said...

Thanks :) There were a lot of people there and that day it was announced that leaders in Darfur had pledged to do something about the raping and killing; of course the Janjaweed (who are the ones that are doing all the damage) haven't budged. They offered no resolution. They are no longer backed by either side of the government so it's a start. At least people are starting to take notice. That's what I'm happy about. I don't think the resolution was made because of us but maybe because so many people turned out for the demonstration, the powers that be won't let anything more happen.

6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home