Monday, July 11, 2005

Sidenote

Like I said before I was watching the Live 8 concert this weekend. Audioslave came on in Berlin so I was all excited because I love Audioslave. I was thoroughly disappointed! Chris Cornell sounded like crap! I don't know if his voice was strained or what. Furthermore, they covered a Rage song, "Killing in the Name of", which made me nauseous. My sister wanted to continue watching, mortified though she was, while I clamped my hands over my ears wondering why they did this. They also covered a Soundgarden song, "Blackhole Sun", which was equally atrocious. It made my skin crawl. Here all this time I've been wanting to see Audioslave, because it doesn't look like Zach de la Rocha will be coming back anytime soon, I am soooo glad that I never wasted my money on that show. The only reason I would go is because of Tom Morello. I think he is a fantastic guitarist as well as a kind human being. I wonder what Zach was thinking or of he even watching Chris Cornell butcher his song which has such a deep meaning. I can only imagine he was as appalled as I was. Ugh!! The thought still makes me nauseous. I hope I never have to see or hear anything like that again. Those poor Berliners!

On the other hand I was totally impressed by Pink Floyd. I only wish they would tour. I would love to see them. Nothing like seeing a bunch of old guys on stage still working it. It sounded great. The Who (well Roger Daltry and Pete Townshend since they are the only 2 left), Jay-Z and Linkin Park, and surprisingly Madonna were all very good. I'm not a huge Madonna fan. I wouldn't buy her cd's or go to a concert but she did well. Thats all for now

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home