Thursday, July 07, 2005

Getting On My Nerves!!!

I am going nuts here. I don't know if its just me or what but people are just getting on my nerves. Especially my mother. I think I need to go away for a day or so. I don't know where I would go but I need to go. I am tired of the complaining (which is odd because that is all I seem to be doing lately) I am tired of the constant hemming and hawing. I wish she would lose her license. I know that sounds harsh but she cannot drive. All she does is yell and flip people off for doing the same things she is doing. I thought we were gonna get it yesterday when we went down this street and there was a tractor trailer blocking it. He was lost and needed to know where to go and both my mother and my aunt yelled out the window calling him an asshole and flipping him off. As we went down the street and turned to another we hit a red light. Sure enough the tractor trailer was behind us and I thought for sure we were gonna get hit. He put the TT in park and jumped out and yelled at my mother and my aunt. I can honestly say that I don't blame him because they both need to chill out. It's ridiculous. I mean they are in their 50's now. You would think that they had more patience. And then this morning my mom says "You would think that since this park is right next to the police station that they would arrest them all for vagrancy", talking about the homeless people in the park. I said "They don't have anywhere else to go". She turned around and said "They have shelters and if they can't get into shelters oh well. It's their fault they are homeless. I mean most of them are probably drug addicts and alcoholics". I didn't know what to say to that. How could someone lack that much compassion? So what if they are alcoholics or drug addicts? That doesn't make them bad people. It just means that they have a problem and they need help. It really makes me wonder you know. If she was homeless I'm sure she would want help. And she's an alcoholic. My jaw just dropped and I didn't say much after that. She talks about my aunt being racist, which she is, but she is doing basically the same thing. Most homeless people would rather have a home and food to eat. I don't like to see people on the street either but they don't have anywhere else to go. The shelters kick them out at 6 am, where else can they go. She said "Maybe when they leave the shelter they should go look for a job". How can they get a job without having a place of residence? I'm just fed up with people being so rude and cold. It makes me want to cry to hear my mom talk about people like that. I wish I could make her see what they go through everyday. A lot of them also have mental problems and they aren't getting the medical help that they need. Poverty is a world wide problem. And its one that has been going on for centuries. You would think that since there is so much money out there, that poverty would be wiped out by now. No its not and its because of the attitude of the people that could help and don't. If I had the money I would feed as many of them as I could and try to help them out as best I can. But one person isn't enough. Other people need to get involved. Thats my rant for the day. It's gonna eat away at me for the rest of the day. I'm just so angry with her for saying that. I wish there was a way that I could make her understand. We could have been homeless so many times if people hadn't come and bailed us out. Maybe these people didn't have anyone to bail them out. Oh well. Time to go because I am just getting angrier the more I think about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home