Friday, July 01, 2005

Fun-Filled Weekend

(Note the sarcasm) There is a lot I have to do this weekend. I have to help Maggie and Longo move into their new townhouse today and tomorrow. Tomorrow is their "house-warming" party a.k.a. just a party where people get drunk and not much else. I love my friends I really do but I hope there is someone intelligent to talk to. I mean Dave Sorrick isn't exactly the most intelligent person in the world. Anyway on Sunday I'm supposed to go to Heidi's. I have to call Frankie to see if he's off and ask if he wants to go. I just don't want to go by myself. I need someone to talk to and really I don't have anyone there I feel comfortable talking to. I mean I love love love meeting new people but its just hard for me to get to know then because I'm on the shy side until I get to know people better. And on Monday I think I'm just gonna stay home. I really don't want to go anywhere so I think I'll just get the crabs and maybe have a person or two over so. We'll see. I need some sleep and I don't think I'm gonna get very much this weekend. Next weekend I have to go to Andy's christening. I'm surprised Sarah is even having him christened. She's a little weird when it comes to religion although Mike goes to church and all that. Next weekend is also Jason's birthday and Aunt Lynn's birthday. Heidi suggested going up there on either Saturday or Sunday to surprise her. I think that would be nice. She hasn't been right since her stroke so I think she would like that very much especially since she hasn't seen the kids since Uncle Frank died and that was 2 years ago. They have grown up so much since then. It's hard to believe. They are too cute for their own good too. I can't wait to have kids. I just love them to death. (Not in the creepy way though) I would adopt like 20 kids if I had the funds to do so but I also want to have some of my own. I want to know what its like to be a mother in that sense. To carry a child and all that stuff. But I will most definitely adopt kids if I can. Its a shame that there are so many kids out there that don't have a home and feel unwanted. If I can help a couple of them then thats something good. I wish more people would adopt kids and not just babies. It's sad how many kids are out there that live in foster care their whole lives because when they go up for adoption, they aren't young enough. Its just sad. There are so many things wrong with the world and it just seems to be getting worse. I know that war and disease happen and they are necessary for population control but that doesn't make in good. I wish there was a way that more people could get involved with their community and the rest of the world for that matter. I think people are more selfish now than they ever were. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. I heard a "funny" fact on the radio this morning. The artists that are performing at the Live 8 concerts aren't getting paid but they are receiving "gift baskets" filled with $1000 suits and various other things. The bag they are getting is worth $3000. I'm sorry but shouldn't that money be going to help people who are starving? I hope that I'm not the only one out there that is bothered by this. I mean they expect everyday people to shell out money to go see them to support the cause meanwhile they are getting gifts worth thousands of dollars. Doesn't make much sense to me but who am I? No one is going to listen to the little people. It just makes me so angry!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home