Thursday, September 07, 2006

Coming Soon to DVD

On November 21, "An Inconvenient Truth" comes out on DVD. I've been waiting for the release date for some time since I couldn't find it playing in a theater near me. I'm excited about it. What's even better is that the packaging is going to be earth friendly. "The DVD packaging consists entirely of waste products that have been recycled, including paper, inks and coatings formulated to emit virtually no volatile organic compounds into the atmosphere. That means no plastics and no laminates." according to the article from Reuters. I can't wait to see it. It's been in my Netflix queue since it came out...I think I'm going to buy it though instead. I mean it's probably worth looking at a couple times and I'm sure I could probably use it for my classes this semester...well one of them anyway.

Classes started this week. I only have to physically go to the college for one of them which is Forensic Science. I'm up there for 3 hours which seems long but it's really not that bad and the teacher is nice (that always helps). So I have a lot to do this coming week. I have a lot of reading for all the classes and then with Frankie coming home and spending time with him...it's going to be hard. I called his mom (yeah I broke down and called her. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be) and she said that he's supposed to be coming home tomorrow. He talked to her last Thursday and said that's what he'll be doing. They're just waiting to hear what the rest of the plan is. It's not a direct flight...they have to go to Kuwait first and then on to Germany and who knows where else from there. It's kinda weird though because if you think about it, he'll be travelling back in time in a way. There is something like an 8 hour time difference between here and Iraq. That's kind of neat if you think about it. So that's what's in store for me this week. I was supposed to take off today and tomorrow but since he didn't come in when I thought he was, I decided to come in to work. I figure I can save the days for when he's actually here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lily said...

That is pretty cool about the packaging for "An Inconvenient Truth". More DVD's should do that. I'm glad that Frankie of going to come home tomorrow. I hope you guys have fun while he's there. Good Luck with your classes!!! :)

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home