Friday, August 18, 2006

Better Late Than Never Part 2

I swear these are the last ones. I wish there were fireworks displays more often. The only time I think they have them around here is when it's New Years or 4th of July. I guess it's better than having none though, right? On this date 17 years ago my Grandma died. I can remember it like it was yesterday. I can't believe it's been that long. Doesn't seem like it. I still miss her a lot. You know I remember a couple days after she died I swore I saw her in front of Woolworths on Eastern Avenue waving at me in a purple shirt and black pants. I even told my stepdad that I saw her and that she wasn't dead but when I looked back she wasn't there. I don't know if it was just my mind trying to deal with the fact that I wouldn't see her again alive or what but I still remember that. I remember a lot about that week. It's weird ya know? And it was a Friday that she died just like it is this year. Sometime I'll have to write more about her. I think she's been the person that I miss the most out of everyone I've lost whether it be to death or just moving around in life. I think that maybe I'll try and get to the cemetary this weekend. It's been a while since I've been there.










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home