Thursday, August 03, 2006

Can't Catch A Break

It's way too hot out...yesterday when I got in the car the thermometer on the car said 110! It's supposed to be just as bad today but this evening we're supposed to cool off considerably. The past couple of days have been miserable. I feel so bad for those without air conditioning and those without homes. Fortunately, the city has opened cooling centers which are usually schools that are open to those seeking refuge from the heat. The entire East Coast is suffering. While the temps are only in the high 90's to low 100's, with the humidity it feels like 110-115. I hope we don't get anything like this again this summer. I was just reading this morning how scientists have noticed that at night when everything is supposed to cool off...it doesn't cool off like it used to. They said it's probably from pollution in the air and global warming. If we keep going at this rate we'll be frying out in the streets. You know when you were a kid in the middle of summer when it was super hot out you always wanted to see if you could fry an egg in the street? This week makes me want to see if it'll happen. I saw a picture of a street somewhere I can't remember and a person's shoe was literally sticking the asphalt because the asphalt was melting. How crazy is that?

Mom's doing alright. They couldn't put her in on Tuesday because of a problem with the paper work but they took her yesterday. I haven't heard from her yet but Mr. Mike has so that's good. He said she sounded good and all so I'm hoping for the best. Mr. Mike on the other hand isn't doing well at all. After all his problems with his heart and all the surgeries...his heart is failing. It's at 35% so they're planning on implanting a defibrillator into his chest. Mom of course doesn't know about it because he didn't want to make her more upset and stressed than she already is. He goes on the 14th to schedule the surgery and all that. I'm just hoping it goes well. Just wish the family could catch a break. It always seems that once something goes wrong, other things follow. I know it's life but a bit of a break would be nice. I haven't told my sisters about Mr. Mike yet. I hate telling people bad news and I already had to break bad news to them once this weak. I might wait a little bit but I don't know. It all depends...I just need a day to collect myself and work things out. I think on Saturday while I'm cleaning out the basement I can do that you know? Cleaning for me is a good way to just think about things and you know get all your frustration out. I think I'm going to Heidi's on Friday. She wants me to stay over but I don't want to leave Mr. Mike home alone. It's just been a long week...I'll be glad once it's all over.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lily said...

Wowie that is pretty hot!!! I hope it cools down for you. I'm sorry to hear about Mr.Mike. Hopefully everything works out for the best.

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home