Monday, July 10, 2006

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

It's Monday so that means it's back to work. Blah! Anyway I got to see "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" over the weekend. I went along with Ali, Paul, mom, and Mr. Mike. I thought it was very very good. There were some people out there, my stepdad being one of them that was a little disappointed in it because it wasn't as funny as the first one. They didn't expect the first one to be as big as it was so with this one they had to do a little more. The special effects were fantastic. It was so real looking...especially the crew of the Flying Dutchman. If you have the chance, go see it...even if it's just for the special effects. We went to go Saturday at 4:15p.m. but because we are all procrastinators, we missed it so we figured we'd hit the 5:00 one. We get there and its sold out so we bought tickets for the 6:45 show. We got the last 5 tickets. The theater was packed, a lot of kids were there but I kind of planned on that being the case. The kids that were there were very well behaved. One of the kids in front of me got sick though so the people he was with had to call his parents and have them pick him up. Other than that it was a good experience. I hadn't been in a theater that packed since the last Harry Potter movie. I had a good time though...even if the movie was 2 1/2 hours. Not too bad considering and hey I sat through "Titanic" which was definitely longer and not as good as Pirates was.

I saw a trailer for the new Ben Stiller movie that's coming out in December and that looks awesome! It's calle "Night at the Museum". I think it's going to be one of those movies that might seem to be geared toward kids but adults will appreciate it too. I think I might take Morgan and Zoe to see it. It looks fantastic! I was surprised to see read that 2 of the writers are from one of my favorite shows Reno 911. It looks like it's gonna be good. Unfortuantely I can't find a trailer for it but I'll keep looking for it. Hopefully it'll be posted soon on http://www.foxmovies.com. At least there you can read a little bit about the movie.

Maggie is moving to Delaware. She's moving in with her mom which I have to say is a good idea. She'll be able to get her life together there better than she can here. Longo is still being a pain but what can she do? She's told him how she feels and he still thinks they're together. It's an odd situation. The sooner she gets away from him the better. I'm not trying to be mean but she could do so much better...Jason not being much better (I know I shouldn't say that about my own cousin but I can't help it. He's been pretty mean to her and she could definitely do better than that) Sam called her last week...I told her before hand that he's gonna try and get with her but she didn't want to listen. He did the same thing a couple months back to me but I guess she had to find out for herself which she did. Sam's alright sometimes but I don't know what the deal is. They dated before and she got back with Longo (I swear if this was my life I might just have to go where no one knows me...I don't like having that sort of drama in my life) and I don't know why he's trying again. She's nicer than I am though because I told him right out that I just wanted to be friends...Haven't heard from him since..well I did run into them at Target a little while ago but since then I haven't heard a thing from either of them. I didn't want to be mean and I don't think I was being mean but I might have hurt his pride a little. I miss Frank though; he's friends with Sam. But Frank doesn't come around either. That's just the way it goes though. People come and go through life it's the ones that stick around that are worth having around in the end.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lance said...

I saw the movie this weekend, also. As did a bunch of other people lol Did you see the grosses from this weekend's box office? Yikes. That thing went over huge.

11:36 AM  
Blogger Lance said...

Oh, I also clicked on your banner and pledged to see An Inconvenient Truth as well.

8 )

5:02 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

Wow it's not very often that you are in a theater full of kids and they are all behaved, at least not where I'm from. I'm glad that you had a good time and ejoyed the movie.

6:21 PM  
Blogger Kyleen said...

Thanks for pledging Lance :)

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home