Tuesday, June 27, 2006

I Need a Canoe


Well anything that will float. I think I'm going to Home Depot to buy some wood so I can make an ark. The picture is of a road about 5 miles from my house. I can't believe it's still raining....and it's supposed to rain tomorrow too! Actually there is a chance of rain at least til next Sunday. It's been a long time since I've seen anything like this. The other day it was like driving through a hurricane minus the extremely heavy wind. Now it's just raining with some occasional thunder and lightning.

I woke up late this morning...and I fell asleep on my glasses. Good thing I have contacts; but since I woke up late I just tried to bend them back instead of putting in my contacts. When I got home yesterday I went right to my room and laid down for a bit. I fell asleep for a little while then woke up when Jason called. I was supposed to finishe sewing his shirts but I haven't had a lot of time to do it. Actually thats not true...I just don't want to do it. He thought I had a sewing machine which is why he gave me six shirts to sew. I don't have a sewing machine so it all has to be done by hand. I don't mind mending stuff but that's a project. I don't want to mess up the shirts. Oh well I'll do my best. I meant to do some of them yesterday but I was feeling so sleepy and just nasty that I slept. I'm still not feeling well but I'm here at work. It's not like I would be doing much at home either. I slept all the way in to work this morning....that's a feat considering my mom was driving. She's not the best driver and sometimes she scares me especially in weather like this.

I have no idea what I'm going to do when I get home today. Probably try and sew some of those shirts and then just go to sleep. I fell asleep 3 times yesterday at work...not good. I mean I didn't just pass out it was more like I dozed off while sitting up for a minute or so. I just can't seem to get enough sleep. I don't know if it's because I'm sick or it's the weather or maybe it's the medicine I'm on. I just don't want to fall asleep at work and get in trouble. The last thing I need is to lose my job. On a brighter note I got a letter from the Maryland Higher Education Commission and I've been awarded $550 for the next 2 semesters for financial aid. I was ecstatic to hear that. I know that the max I can get from federal is $800, at least that's what the financial aid office told me, so that means that I should have to put out little or no money for the next 2 semesters. That makes me very very happy. I've been paying out of pocket the last 3 semesters plus the cost of books...that's not cheap. So it's nice to have a little bit of help. My tuition next semester is going to be about $1500 plus the cost of books. I'm taking 5 classes but most of them are online. I love love love online classes. The only one I have to go up there for is Forensic Science. I'm really looking forward to that class. I'm also taking Comparative Religion, College Algebra (since I dropped it last semester), History of Western Civilization II, and Sociology. I'm excited (I know I'm a dork but it's the little things in life that make you happy).

It still looks like it's just gonna be me going to the movies on Friday. Oh well. I know it's important for me to see it and who knows...maybe I won't mind being there by myself so much.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lily said...

wow...that is a whole lot of rain...I agree with Mander, maybe ur so tierd because of all the rain and crappy weather....I get like that sometimes. Good luck with your courses. I hope you get some sunshine soon!!! :)

12:52 PM  
Blogger Lance said...

S'funny, my mom emailed me a picture she took a few miles down the road that looks almost exactly like that lol. We've been getting a lot of rain, too.

2:51 PM  
Blogger athen said...

Same here..Horrible, just horrible as it rained on my day off. How sucky can that be????

The word for today is "Wet" over here in NJ.

Hopefully it will all be over SOON. It better be, or I will go berserk with all these rains

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home