Monday, June 26, 2006

Yuck!

This weekend was terrible. It's been raining since Friday and we're supposed to keep getting it til at least Wednesday. We really got hit hard on Saturday...I was out running errands and was driving through 5+ inches of water. Not cool at all. I'm a little paranoid when it comes to driving in water like that. When I was in high school, a friend of my sister, Stephanie, was in an accident where she hydroplaned and wound up killing a lady. It wasn't her fault, the lady wasn't wearing a seatbelt, but I think she was charged with vehicular manslaughter if I'm not mistaken. She's dealt with it but it's something that will be with her for the rest of her life. So when I see conditions on the road like I did this weekend, I get a little nervous.

Friday night I went to dinner with Mike, Sarah, and Andy (my mom and stepdad were there too of course) and for once it wasn't awkward. I don't know why I always felt awkward when I was around them but dinner was quite nice on Friday. I got home and then went over Amanda's for a little bit. I left there and headed to Torrino's where I met Maggie, Dave, and some people I'd never met before. One was Marcus (I don't think I like him that much. I know I shouldn't judge a person on their past actions but he used to be a Neo-Nazi and that bugs me. He used to be a Marine too which, coupled with the fact he used to be a neo-nazi, tells me that he's easily lead...not a good thing) I didn't say much to him. Just the formal stuff like Hi and how are you. The other people were Julie and Dawn. They seemed nice enough. It was karaoke night and there was this guy there that looked like Larry, the neighbor from Three's Company. It was a lot of fun but I was tired so I left at 12. I gave Maggie money to pay for my tab which consisted of Diet Coke but she thought it was on Dave's tab. It wasn't so it looked like I left without paying. Once I realized this the next day while looking at the receipt, I went up and paid for it. I felt bad. I wouldn't want someone skipping out on me so I won't do that to anyone else.

Saturday was supposed to be Game night...yeah I know that sounds oh so exciting but I was looking forward to Trivial Pursuit 90's Edition. Amanda called and asked me to come over so I did. I stayed for a bit and we were going to play over there but my jaw was really hurting. It's been hurting off and on for the past week but it got really bad on Saturday. Nothing was helping so I went home and put some heat on it. That seemed to help so since Maggie was still hanging out at the house, we decided to go ahead and play the game. It was a lot harder than I thought it would be but we had fun. Then I went to bed.

I dragged myself out of bed and watched a couple episodes of "Deadliest Catch". If you haven't seen it you should...it's very interesting. I don't think I would normally watch something like that but it was neat. I feel bad for those guys but they sure get paid well. Once everyone got home I got myself ready and headed to Patient First. I went in and found out that I have a really bad ear infection that spread into my jaw and sinuses. I didn't think it was that bad but the doctor said it was. So I got my prescription filled and relaxed the rest of the day. Once again we were hit hard by storms last night and this morning. A lot of the roads in the county I live in were washed away. Luckily the one's we take to work weren't. It would have been nice to stay home and sleep though.

I got around to watching "Syriana" and it's definitely a good movie. It seems a little scattered at first but it all comes together in the end. George Clooney was fantastic in it as was Matt Damon. I'd never seen either of them play such serious roles before. I know it's fiction but like they say: all fiction is based on some facts. I don't think that's the exact saying but you know what I mean. It was really really good. I started watching it again but I fell asleep. I'm going to finish it up when I get home. Very good movie...you should definitely watch it. I'm still planning on seeing "An Inconvenient Truth" on Friday but as it stands it looks like it's just going to be me and Maggie. I had hoped to get more people to go but when I asked them I got laughed at. Alison and Paul might be able to make it...it all depends on what time we go. Maggie doesn't really want to go so I might tell her to just go out with Jason and I'll catch up with them later. She said the only reason she's going is because she drags me places I don't want to go. I don't want to be like that so I think I'll just tell her not to bother. If I have to go by myself then I will. It's an important movie to see so I can suck it up and go alone. No big. "Road to Guantanamo" is still something I want to see. I don't know if it's going to come out in theaters or what but it's going to be another one of those important films. I blogged about last week..you can read that here.

Sorry for the long post. My internet at home has been on the fritz again. I don't know what the deal is. I'll have to get someone out to my house to look at it. Actually I'll see if Mike can fix it. Well that's it for now.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lily said...

Wow it sounds like you got a whole lot or rain. I hate driving in the rain too, it scares me, like you I am afraid of hydroplaining and hurting someone, or my self for that matter.Talk to you later.! :)

2:13 PM  
Blogger Lance said...

I hate driving in heavy rain, too.

Actually, I kinda hate driving altogether. I wish I lived close enough to walk everywhere I needed to go.

Or ride a horse.

I wish the horse would make a comeback as the transportation medium of choice.

I also wish a theatre around here was showing Al Gore's movie!

I'd love to see it.

Alas, I may have to wait for the DVD.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Kyleen said...

Yeah I wish I could walk everywhere I needed to go too. When I lived in the city thats how it was..I miss that. I keep telling my brother in law that he needs to find me a horse so that I can get to and from work. It would save a lot of money and It wouldn't be too bad in the rain if I had a buggy or something.

5:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home