Monday, June 19, 2006

Father's Day Weekend

Well Friday night wasn't too bad. We went to Friday's for a couple hours once everyone that showed finally did. Then we went to the local bar once again. I think the people that work there are going to know us by name if they don't already know some of us because of behavior. (Not me by the way...I'm good when I'm there. Like I said I drink Diet Coke). Finally after last call I left. I made sure everyone got home ok and I crashed. I had a lot to do on Saturday.

Saturday my sister called and woke me up at 8. I was a little grumpy but after a little while, I was ok. Her and Claude came over for a bit...he wanted his birthday present. He knew what I was getting him because Amanda told him. He had wanted to go out Friday night and get one so she had to tell him that I was getting him one. So after he left, Amanda and I went to BJ's to see if they had a set there. They didn't but I needed to get a couple things anyway. I got Mr. Mike some shirts for Father's Day and I got Claude a pair of jeans. Mom hadn't gone shopping for him so I went for her and she was planning on getting him some clothes. Maggie met us up there and then we went to Target where I found a volleyball net. We had to buy the ball separately. Got home, got showered, and went to help Amanda set up. Helped her clean up her kitchen a bit and put some stuff together. People were starting to show. Jason and Gage came which I thought was cool because they weren't planning on it. Gage was starting to get bored so he asked if we could put up the net. So he and I went out back and put the net up....well we attempted to. Those directions were terrible. I couldn't even begin to explain how difficult it was to understand them. Of course, everyone was making fun of us until they saw the directions. So Claude, Jason, and Brandon took over and got it together. Then we played a couple games of volleyball. My dad came too. I was so happy to see him. I hadn't seen him in so long. I thought we were going to get together Sunday but he had to work so I'll have to go see him some other time. There was no drama with the exception of Doug showing up. Doug is Claude's boss' son. He was trashed and there were some people there he's been known to pick fights with. Luckily, he didn't so the peace was kept. I got to see Mikayla for the first time. She's 15 months old now and I had never seen her. She was too cute. She likes to jump a lot. She was such a happy baby too until she got super tired but most people I know get like that when they're tired. But all in all it was a good time. We're hoping to do it again...maybe for the 4th of July.

Father's Day was uneventful. Mr. Mike went to church with Mike then he came home. They were going to wash clothes so I went to Amanda's to help her clean up. I knew it was going to be messy but it wasn't that bad. It was mostly soda cans and the such. After that I went home to find Mom and Mr. Mike fast asleep. I talked to Dad...he was going to Dover for a couple hours and then he was heading to work. He was stopping over Jimmy's and Doug's (my brother not the other Doug) for a little bit before hand. So I stayed in the rest of the day. I watched "Memoirs of a Geisha". That was a good movie. I don't know why people didn't like it. It stayed pretty true to the book. They left a couple things out and one of the main characters didn't look like I thought he would mainly because in the book he only has one arm but in the movie he had two. I started watching "Jarhead" but I didn't finish it yet. I'm still not sure I like the movie. I know it's supposed to be an accurate depiction of how it was back during the first Gulf War and all that but some of it is a little too much for me. I'll finish it when I get home.

This week is going to be uneventful. Wednesday is Maggie's birthday so we're supposed to go to heavy metal karaoke. I know thats a weird concept but hey it'll be something different. I might take off Thursday but that all depends. In a way I don't want to go out on Wednesday. It's the middle of the week and I feel bad for taking off work the day after but Maggie's the type to stay til the bar closes. I don't know...we'll see I suppose. Thursday is Mike's birthday and I think I'm going out to dinner with them on Friday. I don't know yet though...we'll see about that too. Well that's all for now. I've written an awful long post today but in my defense it was a good weekend.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lance said...

It does sound like you had a great weekend. I did too. They just are never long enough are they? lol

9:28 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

It sounds like you had an awesome weekend, and it also sounds like you have a busy week ahead for you. Have fun

9:43 PM  
Blogger Kyleen said...

No I wish I had an extra day...but that's what everyone wants....more time. I like keeping busy though. That's less time that I'm bored :)

4:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home