Friday, June 09, 2006

Great News

I got a call last night from my sister, Alison....well let me back that up a bit. Paul called last night and wanted to talk to my mom. At first I thought something was wrong and she was in the hospital again. Anyway I waited around to make sure she was ok and my mom was a little teary. She said that he called to ask her if he could propose to her. How sweet! He said that he was going to ask her this weekend. No more than a half hour later Alison called to tell us that he proposed and she said yes. I was so happy for her. They were going through a rough time but things were getting better. He's been planning this for almost a year. He picked out the setting for the ring and was waiting for the right time. He knew he wanted to marry her but was afraid he was rushing into it. Well anyway...congrats to my sister Ali and Paul. Paul is one of the best guys I know and I couldn't be happier for them. Another good thing is that I don't have to be in the wedding! That's always a plus for me. I don't like to get up in front of people for any reason if I can help it.

Yesterday I spent the day at home. I must have gotten the bug that's been going around at work. Last week Tim had it and Mr. Mike had it on Monday and when I woke up yesterday it wasn't good. I'm just glad it's over. The weekend should be good. Alison and Paul are coming up and tonight is bad movie night. My movie is "Bad Taste". It's so so so bad it's good. This is one of Peter Jackson's first films. He's certainly come a long way since then. I don't know what other movies are being brought other than "Dead and Breakfast" and Maggie's bringing that one. Should be a fun evening over all though. I'm supposed to go out tomorrow night with some people but since Ali and Paul are coming up, then I might just stay and chill with them. I don't feel very up to going out anyway. I'm sick of babysitting so I would much rather be home reading or something. At the moment I'm reading two books: "Dreams from My Father" by Barak Obama and "Dispatches from the Edge: A memoir of war, disasters, and survival" by Anderson Cooper. So far both are very interesting. I'll write about them again once I finish them. So far so good.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lance said...

Hey, congratulations on the good news!

4:30 PM  
Blogger Kyleen said...

Thanks...she's really happy about it. I'm happy for her too :)

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home