Friday, July 07, 2006

The Haps

I say this a lot but really nothing much is going on. Even if there is, I don't usually think there is until after everything is over. Ali and Paul are coming up tonight but they're leaving tomorrow. They're going to sit down with mom and Mr. Mike to start working or a preliminary guest list for the wedding which they're planning on having in the Spring of 2008. (That's what Paul is telling everyone...he won't set an exact date but at least he has the year and season down so that helps) Ali is being surprisingly patient with him and the whole ordeal which is a surprise because I really thought she was going to turn into one of those Bridezillas that we all see on tv that go absolutely crazy when it comes to their wedding. She's just sort of looking around at the moment and playing with ideas. One of her ideas was vetoed already which was the bagpipes. She thought it would be neat to have bagpipes at the wedding since Paul is Scottish and we're a but Irish (we're mutts really) but he doesn't want that at all. They did decide to get married at a park or garden...they're even looking into one of the plantation houses in VA which would be nice. They don't want a religious wedding...something a little non-traditional. I'm helping her out a bit by giving my opinion on certain things and looking up a couple different things for her. I've never planned a wedding before and no one I know really has...her friend Cindy I think did though so I think she's going to enlist her help in this. It'll be nice though. I'm really happy for her. I'm not in the wedding because they know how I feel about being in front of people but Paul asked her to ask me to do a reading. I thought that was nice...he's not big on being in front of crowds either so he understands the deal with that. So I'll have to find something to read for them at the wedding. That should be interesting.

I have a bull and oyster roast to go to this evening to benefit Juvenile Diabetes. I think I might have mentioned that before but it's a really good cause. My old boss has an 8 year old son that is severely diabetic, to the point he needs an insulin pump, so Jenn, Shelley, and I usually go twice a year for that. Believe it or not, it raises a lot of money for foundation. I know it's just something small but it helps out. I don't particularly like going just because it's a crowd of people but I go anyway and see some of the people that I used to work with. I don't think we're staying the whole night which will be a plus. Other than that I have no idea what I'm going to be doing for the rest of the weekend. I have to finish reading this book becasue it's due back on Monday. I think I'm on the second page so I have to play catch up. I want to get down Heidi's this weekend too because I haven't seen them in a long time and I just hate being at home sometimes. It's supposed to be gorgeous weather-wise this weekend. Low humidity, sunshine...I'm down! I want to take as much of that in as possible. I should have opened my window up before I left this morning but I didn't know it was going to be that nice. I should pay more attention to the weather...Oh well...it's Friday...the end of a very short week. I'm sure next week will be a lot busier.

On a more somber note...I think it would be nice for people to remember what today is. Today is the anniversary of the London bombings. It seems like such a long time ago and I know how people in this country feel about 9/11. I think it would be nice if Americans could reflect today much like the rest of the world does when 9/11 comes up. I think because the attacks were a tad more catastrophic as far as losses that we forget that there were two other countries that were bombed: Spain and England and regardless of the loss of life, it was an unwarranted attack on innocent people. I know that there are terrorist attacks everyday especially in the Middle East and we should keep that in mind too. Just something I thought I should you know talk about a little. I remember how I felt on 9/11 and I know those feelings came flooding back when I heard about the attacks in March 2004 in Spain, and in July 2005 in England...no one should ever have to deal with anything like that. It's a shame that people have stooped that low to get their ideas across. I wish they could see that when they attack people like they've been doing for years, that it only makes people stronger. I can only pray that it doesn't happen again. So keep those who lost their lives or were hurt....but also think about those you don't hear about who are being killed all over the world just to demonstrate an idea or principle.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lily said...

it's nice that you support that cause, my mom is dibetic too. I know it's different that, but in the end I think it's kind of the same thing isn't it? I'm glad that you are finally getting some nice weather down there, you must have sent your rain up here...its been raining for two days lol. Have a good weekend! :)

9:22 AM  
Blogger Lance said...

It sounds like a lot is going on to me, Ky lol.

Wow, if you don't consider all that busy, I'd hate to see your schedule on a crowded week. I got tired just reading all that lol.

Great point about the other terrorist attacks, too. A very appropriate and important reminder; I'm glad you brought that up.

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home