Wednesday, July 05, 2006

4th of July 2006

I didn't want to come back to work today...the weekend even though it was long didn't seem long enough but it never does. The weekend wasn't too bad. I wound up going to Havre De Grace to see the fireworks. That was an "adventure" ( for the lack of a better word). We left for Claude's cousins house at around 6 or so and it didn't take long forus to get there. From his cousins we had a bit of a walk til we got to the carnival. They have a carnival at the park where they set off the fireworks...it's right on the water. Havre De Grace is such a nice little town (at least the area that I was in) but the town's crime rate is increasing. Anyway we had a bit of a walk, which I didn't know about and had I known I would have worn more appropriate shoes (I wore open toe sandals). By the time we got there my feet were on fire. You know when your feet hurt but you only feel it when you stop walking? That's how it was for me. Anyway we got to the carnival and there were tons of people there. I don't do well with crowds and I was a little overwhelmed by it so it took me a little bit to regain some sort of composure. I don't get on rides either because they make me sick so there really wasn't anything for me to do other than wait for the fireworks to start. Amanda, Claude, Brandon, and Bill all went on this claw looking ride. You sit in these seats, they strap you in, and the ride starts to spin you around and swing you back and forth. Just looking at it made me nauseous. Once they got off of that, the fireworks started. They were alright...they could have been better. I have some pics I'll have to put up on here this week. There are a couple cool looking ones.

On Monday I didn't do much of anything aside from cleaning. Cleaning is always a good thing. Yo find things you forgot you had among other things. Yesterday was pretty chill too. Claude and Amanda came over before she took Claude to the hospital. He's been having some issues with his stomach and he promised her that he would go. I haven't heard what the final verdict was on it but I'll give her a call later. This week is going to be more boring than usual. Tim isn't here so there really isn't anything for me to do. So for now I'll just hang out and hope that the day goes by quickly. I didn't get to the movies this past weekend...I don't know if and when I'll get to see "An Inconvenient Truth" but if all else fails, I'll get to see it when it comes out on DVD. "Pirates of the Caribbean: Deadman's Chest" comes out this week. I think I'm going to have to go see it since I didn't get to see the first one in theaters. I loved that one and this one looks so much better if that's possible. I hope it is. I like Davy Jones...he looks wicked...even though everytime I hear the name I think of Davy Jones from the Monkees.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lance said...

I'm gonna see Dead Man's Chest this weekend, too. It should be pretty good.

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home