Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Big Bright Yellow Thing in the Sky


What is that big bright yellow thing in the sky? Oh yeah, I remember, it's the sun. I haven't seen it in almost a week. The rain has finally stopped but we're still seeing a lot of flooding. Hopefully we'll get a break and won't have any rain for the next couple of days. I'm hoping so anyway. We need to dry out a bit before we get another batch of rain. The picture to the left was taken on Friday...I thought it was cool looking. No matter how much I complain about the rain and the thunderstorms I still love them, especially in the summer. I just don't like the raining for days and days on end. Nothing much is going on. At the moment I'm on hold with Area Circulation which is a magazine company. They're trying to tell my sister that she has to pay them for magazines she's never recieved, over $800 in total, or they're going to refer her to a creditor. So I told her I would call them and tell them that she would be contacting a lawyer. She's been being harassed by them for sometime. It never ceases to amaze me when it comes to dealing with people. I don't know it's obnoxious. I fell asleep at like 7:30 last night and only woke up once when my ear was hurting. I wish it would just go away. It looks like I'm not going to be able to see "An Inconvenient Truth" this weekend. The theater I was going to go see it at isn't showing it after tomorrow. I wonder why there are so many theaters that aren't showing it. It doesn't make any sense to me. I wonder if I could ask a theater when and if they're going to show it and if not then why. There are a lot of people out there that want to see it but can't because it's not playing anywhere near them. I was kinda hoping that the Science Center was going to show it on IMAX but it's not. It would be awesome if they did though. Oh well...I'll have to wait til it comes out on DVD. I hope it comes out soon. I know it probably won't because I want it to but I can hope. If I'm still feeling bad I might just stay home all weekend. I think it would be smart to do so. I was thinking about having a nice long weekend but I'm coming in on Monday anyway. Tim won't be here all next week so it's going to be twice as boring as usual. It'll be cool to have a day off in the middle of the week though. I don't know what I'm going to do for the 4th. I might just hang out over Amanda's or maybe then I'll just stay home. Longo is home for the weekend and a bunch of us are supposed to go out. I don't want to though. I don't really get along well with him and he's gotten more cocky since joining the Army. I don't know why people get so cocky when they join the military. I guess it's because they're told how great they are and what a big responsibility it is to be defending your country. I don't get it. I'm not trying to down on anyone in the military..I'm just saying why do their egos swell. It's fine to have a healthy self esteem but sometimes they take it too far and come off as conceited. Sorry for the random topic changes. I'm not with it again today. My mom and Jami are thinking of going to the 40's and Flapjacks thing on Friday. One of the local radio stations has this a couple times a year where people can go to the bar and have breakfast and drink and all that. They usually do it around St. Patty's Day which they did but they're having another one in honor of the 4th of July. The theme is the "Deckloration of Dependance". I thought it was funny. Not something I would be interested in doing but it could be fun to watch. I can't imagine people drinking that early in the morning. Well that's enough for now....back to Yahoo! Answers.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lance said...

lol Skimpin' on the paragraph breaks again, I see.

8 )

That's an amazing photo, though. Is that one you took or one you found or what? It looks incredible. Not to mention scary...yikes...

8:28 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

That picture is great!!!I'm glad that everything might start drying out.

10:50 PM  
Blogger Kyleen said...

Yeah I had a bad day yesterday and didn't feel much like putting in breaks. I didn't take that pic, I wish I did. Someone posted it on the local television website. I thought it was pretty and like you said, scary.

4:53 AM  
Blogger athen said...

That picure was gorgeous! I was tryin to shot a couple of lighting myself las night, but whenever I poined my camera to the west, it strike on the east. Grrr

Did you shot it yourself?

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home